IGNORED

Chesky 192/24

OK, so Chesky are now offering 192/24 wav files on DVD-Rs, just like Reference Recordings.

The big difference however is that anyone outside the US can purchase a RR disc. But Chesky's 192/24 discs are only available in the US.

This is the sort of thing that really pisses me off!

Mani.

Main: SOtM sMS-200 -> Okto dac8PRO -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Tune Audio Anima horns + 2x Rotel RB-1590 amps -> 4 subs

Home Office: SOtM sMS-200 -> MOTU UltraLite-mk5 -> 6x Neurochrome 286 mono amps -> Impulse H2 speakers

Vinyl: Technics SP10 / London (Decca) Reference -> Trafomatic Luna -> RME ADI-2 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

selling in the US only. There are web services where the website buys from whatever product you want to purchase in the US, in this case Chesky records. They buy the product, deliver it to a local wharehouse, and then send the product to your home.

In this case a USD45 CD ends up at USD82 for a UK delivery. Can also be anything else, I've imported region 1 into a region 4 country BD player without an issue, worked well.

Sometimes if the article is on special, the price can be cheaper than buying locally, but never count on it being cheaper in the long run, but still better than not at all.

Cheers,

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

The Chesky 192/24 wav files on DVD-R's are available outside of the USA.

Caxton audio in Brisbane Australia sells audiophile recordings including Chesky and RR.

They also sell the DVD-R's from Chesky and RR.

They run a Mac Book Pro with a variety of computer Dac's including the Weiss

Dacs and can demonstrate the hi-res files.

I was impressed by the difference between 16/44.1,24/96 and 24/192.

David N