IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

I think we would all be interested in you trying both.

I have a much simpler system with my NAS as a Roon server, and my streamer/DAC/Pre getting direct ethernet input. I will be replacing a cheap 5 port ethernet hub with the etherRegen. The 100m port going to the streamer and the other ports going to the home switch, Oppo BluRay, and Roku devices that all live in my audio stack.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, thyname said:

10 days are up 🙂

LoL, it’s not going to be here till it’s ready, but that is funny.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

• 3 weeks later...

I would point the 100b at the music server, and point the 1gb (copper and optical) ports at every thing else. The point of the moat is to separate the “player” from the rest of the network.

I plan for the etherRegen to be the cleanup for my network, with the most isolation, and final reclocking for the port going directly to the player.

I use my NAS as a Roon server, and my Streamer/DAC for an endpoint. (No USB)

1 hour ago, Nay said:

Thanks for your pointless input 🤬🤬🤬

Even reading the first entry of this thread will answer your question. Most of us are carefully watching this thread as the etherRegen is being refined, and perhaps finalized, this go ‘round. From the last news, you have several months to read/digest this thread for fine points.

OP has specifically asked to exclude Ethernet cable talk from this thread. I would think if you wanted to limit your reading, the cable discussion had been in the last 4-5 pages, ending when asked by the OP.

Yeah, this thread has quieted down, as the earliest possible (not promised!) shipping of the first round is now November. I’m still happy to see the progress, and the careful development of this box. Fortunately, no one should be doing without music, with some other switch/hub working in their system. (I have some D-Link generic hub currently in that spot)

(crossed fingers that another board, or part supply, issue occurs)

Still looking forward to improving my system with the etherRegen, it has been great fun watching the development process, along with the trials, and tribulations faced by the UpTone team. Thanks again for sharing with us!  It would have been so easy to not mention this product until the actual release.

I'm taking the Thanksgiving week off, maybe I will get to put the etherRegento use that weekend?

I do apologize for saying November. You mentioned that the cases were arriving in October. Some one else said November - my mistake.

I was trying to refer to the development of the etherRegen as you have shared it with us. As a non-entrepreneur and non-electronic whiz, and a non-manufacturer, your work process seems very scary to me.

I don’t take much time off, and I’m only taking the three days of the Thanksgiving we off to be with my kids coming home for that period. It will also be a good time, for me, to give a good listen to any changes I might make in my system.

Again, I apologize if I ruffled any feathers.

• 2 weeks later...

🤞

Congratulations on a working board. A big milestone. Enjoy the weekend.

I do enjoy the updates!

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PYP said:

That is my setup:  the DAC is a Roon endpoint/DAC/preamp, so the path is in-wall cat 5e to EtherREGEN to DAC.  I'll let you know how that works out (hopefully in early November, if I can click fast enough on October 8).  :) 

My situation as well, excited to get an etherRegen, I’ll be trying to get in the first wave, but my work makes tight timing difficult. This order window looks to be tight. Fortunately, there is still music to listen to if I end waiting a month.

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter 4 + EdgeSwitch 8-150w + WAP ftw!

As I am not a networking, nor electronic, wiz, I required a lot of reading, and YouTube research, to set it up to my liking. But - rock solid.

etherRegen will replace the last unmanaged switch before the Bricasti.

8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Alex or John

Any chance of making an optical B side version for the opticalRendu owners ?

Is it tecnical possible, or is not worth the effort  ?

Did any of the beta testers tried the ER with an opticalRendu?

(and compared it with the opticalModule)

When will your next product be announced ? 😀 

The Uptone guys have stated several times that this device works the same going from the A side to the B side, and visa versa. Your network can connect to the B side, and then you can use the A side SFP connector to go to your streamer.  In that case, the etherRegen could be considered a very clean copper Ethernet to optical Ethernet adapter. Do recall, that the B side jack is 100mb, and if you use the other A side Ethernet jacks, they will not be cleaned between them and the SFP, and the A side jacks will connect to the network at the 100g Limit of the B side jack.

The etherRegen fits my needs perfectly. I currently use a small ethernet switch in my audio stack. There is an ‘in’ cable, and ‘out’ cables to the streamer, Roku, and BluRay player. The etherRegen will replace this box, with a 1m Ethernet cable from the B port as the last run to the streamer. The A side will get video boxes and receive the ‘in’. If the ‘in’ for my system changes to optical in the future, I’ll be ready.

• 2 months later...

Quick shipment, fantastic product. Well done you two, and your minions (or elves?) helping with assembly and shipping.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:05 PM, lxgreen said:

I have an M12 on order. Currently, I am now using the Sonore Signature optical streamer with the EtherRegen  then to Yggy USB port. Sounds really nice. I was curious if you think the the EtherRegen improved the sq with your M12. Thanks 

yes, I did. I had previously used a generic TrendNet hub in that location. Will the difference be “night and day”, probably not. A worthwhile tweak in my opinion. 

on another note, I really enjoyed the significantly lowered box, and cable, count that resulted from using the M12.