IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Well, being a Welles nut ... I’m now gonna get 2x ERs.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

• 4 weeks later...

Continuing the OT ... my expectation, now ingrained after endless confirmations, is that better psu etc will only provide marginal upside with low-medium DR etc - the listening fatigue kicks in early!

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

So, you’re finding DR5s to be on your ok mastering quality map? Any Iggy Pop DR0s as well?

I’m now well OT & therefore out.

Any implications ... re Sonore optical devices ...?

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • 3 months later...

No probs - I’ll continue to use the lps-1 on the isoregen, continuing to be astonished at how I always prefer the sonics with it as the last input to the dac. Getting the RME ADI-2 in a few days & I’ll see if it still holds true for that, for me.

Have I developed an odd form of ‘regen’ addiction ...?

• 2 weeks later...

Alex, does it overly complicate matters if other orders are included in this ether regen batch (ie lps-2) or is it just easier to order separately ...?

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, stevebythebay said:

Ah but then it’s time to tune the room itself.  Of late, while awaiting the EtherREGEN, that’s what I’ve been doing. It’s a fairly consequential aspect of getting the most out of our systems I’m afraid. 

I know, I know, ... but it’s a major learning curve for those of us with little experience of it ... been looking at HQP’s convolution, bought myself a umik1 mic, collecting guides, maybe all-too-hard ... but it’s still gonna sound better with the etherRegen in there!

“... scratch my back” (Slim Harpo).

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, that’d be 2am here ...

• 2 weeks later...

User Guide p.9, end of par 1 - missing a line of text ...