IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

I for one cannot wait for the EtherREGEN - it should solve a location issue that forces me to have my modem and first switch in the basement with a long run of CAT 5a through the walls to the main listening room. I hope to use this to clean up the signal coming into the room and give me a real baseline for analyzing different digital components that come after it. Look forward to release!

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
2 hours ago, Matias said:

Using B side input and A side optic output exclusively makes the $640 EtherREGEN do the same function as the $250 opticalModule though...

Same function, sure, but most likely different results.  Also no different than going A side input and B side output, as stated numerous times in this thread.

46 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It's a lot of work to change only one thing at a time with all those variables. You will more likely than not have to make different tests depending on what you accomplish. Also, as soon as you introduce your opinion into the mix the scientific method goes out the door because others can't repeat the test to verify your results. It really just comes down to what you prefer.  

What you are calling work, I call fun! This is the sh*t I live for in this hobby.  And if ears are opinions, then like a**holes we all have them.  Don't see how they can ever be removed from any of the testing we do.  No ears, no music.  But that's another discussion for another day (hopefully never, actually).  Really looking forward to the eRegen.  I have no idea what to expect as I have spent a lot of FUN time arriving where I am with my system and I am VERY curious to see what changes, if any, it brings. Thanks Alex and John for bringing some excitement to the game!