IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

3 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

I've been using the SR4 with the Silver DC cable (teflon coated) and it was always a bit on the bright side. After reading that the SR4 performs better with a high-end power cable, i plugged a spare Shunyata Sigma Digital cable into it and through the Shunyata Denali and everything snapped into place with much more weight and bass definition together with those accurate mids and highs. I am powering an EtherRegen with it and, yes, it is a tad "better" than the Ultracap LPS-1.2 it replaced and way ahead of the supplied power brick.

It sounds like you are saying that the SR4 needed a better power cord for it be a "tad" better the LPS-1.2 on the EtherRegen.  Am I interpreting that correctly?

I'm trying to figure out which power supply I'd like to purchase for my ER.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

1 hour ago, GryphonGuy said:

I upgraded my LPS-1.2 with the Ghent Audio Gotham DC cable which is probably why the SR4 was only a "tad" better in the lower end.

I already had the LPS-1.2 to run my UltraRendu and when the EtherREGEN performed better with a better power supply I needed to purchase another so I chose the SR4 this time so I had a platform for comparison. Either unit is good for the EtherREGEN and much better than the power brick that comes with the EtherRegen.

Thanks for that reply.  

I liked what I heard from Ghent’s Gotham cable with an LPS-1.2 previously, so nice to hear this benefited the ER as well as I still have this cable.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 4 months later...