IGNORED

Metal Case for DigiOne

Any update on the metal case for your wonderful DigiOne?

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my aluminium case for the digione player today and after assembling everything, I'm having trouble fitting in the micro usb power cable. there's not enough clearance from the side pillars for the jack to fit in =.=

On 5/28/2018 at 7:58 AM, zacho said:

I just received my aluminium case for the digione player today and after assembling everything, I'm having trouble fitting in the micro usb power cable. there's not enough clearance from the side pillars for the jack to fit in =.=

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. Have you figured out how to install it with clearance for the micro usb power cable? if not, has Allo been helpful is getting things working. Please feel free to announce any sonic differences you notice!

@zacho

what power supply are you using ?

we have checked this in early design stages and made sure there was enough space for our cable, nevertheless, there are many different microUSB profiles out there and yes, there might be some restriction.

using a box cutter, you could shave some of the excess plastic around your microUSB plug. 

we do recommend to use our power supply that comes with the correct Dc to microUSB plug for the case.

see attached picture

regards,

Andre

20180601_102452_001.jpg

3 hours ago, ALLOaudio said:

@zacho

what power supply are you using ?

we have checked this in early design stages and made sure there was enough space for our cable, nevertheless, there are many different microUSB profiles out there and yes, there might be some restriction.

using a box cutter, you could shave some of the excess plastic around your microUSB plug. 

we do recommend to use our power supply that comes with the correct Dc to microUSB plug for the case.

see attached picture

regards,

Andre

20180601_102452_001.jpg

I'm using the iFi iPower. But even using your supplied DC to microUSB plug, it is still an extremely difficult fit

hmmm...

if you are using our supplied cable then its a perfect fit.

its made for that.

i thought you were using some other microUSB cable and that could have potentially be an issue due to what i wrote before.

but if you use our cable then i see no reason why you should have any problems plugging it in.

please let me know your thoughts on this

9 minutes ago, ALLOaudio said:

hmmm...

if you are using our supplied cable then its a perfect fit.

its made for that.

i thought you were using some other microUSB cable and that could have potentially be an issue due to what i wrote before.

but if you use our cable then i see no reason why you should have any problems plugging it in.

please let me know your thoughts on this

It definitely can't fit with the iFi cable and it is a struggle still to fit your supplied cable. I have to approach the mini usb input at an angle and just force it in. Could my case be defective?

hello,

all cases are CNC machined...there is no fault.

the screws alling perfectly.

with other cables there might be issues since the plug profiles can be thicker, wider...

but with ours, there is no way.

can you share a picture ?

as i did

I have this same issue with my case.  I got it to work but it was a small struggle.  At first I could not get my BossDAC to power up but eventually I was able to make it fit.  Bummer to hear that the iFI might have the same issue as I was about to order one.  

I have three of the Aluminum cases.   I have a DigiOne installed in one.  The aforementioned BossDAC in a second one and a USBridge that came preinstalled.  I highly recommend the case.  One way to solve the problem with the power on the BossDAC would be to use the USB C connector.  Just have not done any research on how to source a cable that would plug into the iFi.   

On 6/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, zacho said:

It definitely can't fit with the iFi cable and it is a struggle still to fit your supplied cable. I have to approach the mini usb input at an angle and just force it in. Could my case be defective?

Love the aluminum case, but, yes, the micro usb connector is tight. Switched from iFi to the Allo PS because of this thread. It was a tight, but fine fit. Noticed that the sound changed with the Allo PS. The musical image was more focused in between the speakers and was slightly more solid. The high end was more polite, but slightly rolled off, However, the system with the Allo PS lost a little of the magical sound of the iFi - wide, almost holographic image with the highs and mid-range slightly more forward. Switched back to the iFi after about a week of listening. No real problem with the connector - only slightly tighter, but no problem. Much prefer the sound with the iFi. (Using Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer and The Staves' If I was as test discs.)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...