Jump to content
IGNORED

Mac tool to convert DSD256 to DSD128/64?


Fair Hedon
 Share

Recommended Posts

More options here:

 

I'm using XiSRC (approx $20). It's from the same folks as MusicScope.

 

The Teac Hi-Res Editor is free but is a POS (no batch support or transfer of metadata to converted file).

 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

Or then just use a player that can do the conversion on the fly. If you specifically don't want to have converted files.

 

 

Like HQPlayer... 

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

More options here:

 

I'm using XiSRC (approx $20). It's from the same folks as MusicScope.

 

The Teac Hi-Res Editor is free but is a POS (no batch support or transfer of metadata to converted file).

 

I am a big fan of MusicScope. XISRC might worth it just to have on hand.

 

I may actually have the Teac program installed..thanks..I will give that a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Or then just use a player that can do the conversion on the fly. If you specifically don't want to have converted files.

 

I use Roon with no additional programs. I actually don't want to keep any DSD256 files. i have heard no benefit between DDS128 and 256...although I do hear a benefit from DSD64.

 

The files are ridiculously large to boot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

More options here:

 

I'm using XiSRC (approx $20). It's from the same folks as MusicScope.

 

The Teac Hi-Res Editor is free but is a POS (no batch support or transfer of metadata to converted file).

 

Teac did the trick! One file at a time..but it was free...if the MetaData is missing I can retag easily. Thanks!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fair Hedon said:

I use Roon with no additional programs. I actually don't want to keep any DSD256 files. i have heard no benefit between DDS128 and 256...although I do hear a benefit from DSD64.

 

The files are ridiculously large to boot.

 

I personally would keep the DSD256 files, in case you want to later convert with better/different algorithm. Resulting quality depends quite a lot on the used algorithm. Roon cannot do the conversion on fly? I though it would be able to do it too.

 

How can file size be any issue these days when 8 TB HDD's are cheap...

 

I have some 5.0 channel DSD256 albums and I don't feel that the size would be much of an issue (15 - 20 GB/piece).

 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Miska said:

 

I personally would keep the DSD256 files, in case you want to later convert with better/different algorithm. Resulting quality depends quite a lot on the used algorithm. Roon cannot do the conversion on fly? I though it would be able to do it too.

 

How can file size be any issue these days when 8 TB HDD's are cheap...

 

I have some 5.0 channel DSD256 albums and I don't feel that the size would be much of an issue (15 - 20 GB/piece).

 

You make perfect sense.

 

However I did try to use the Roon on the fly conversion and they don't (as far as i can see!) have an option to downsample DSD to DSD, only to pcm..352.8.kHz. Audirvana which I use on my desktop system, also does not process DSD256 downward.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fair Hedon said:

However I did try to use the Roon on the fly conversion and they don't (as far as i can see!) have an option to downsample DSD to DSD, only to pcm..352.8.kHz. Audirvana which I use on my desktop system, also does not process DSD256 downward.

 

OK, too bad...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...