IGNORED

Fidelizer 8.0

Shanepj

I cannot see a new thread for Fidelizer 8.0, so I thought I’d start one to let others  know what it’s like

They have done an awesome job on Fidelizer 8.0. There is certainly a big improvement from my system. It’s sharper, cleaner and seems to have more dynamics

The stop start and decay seems far more apparent than earlier versions too. I know Keetakawee has been working hard to add the new features and in my system certainly benefits from the latest version

I have selected Audiophile and Purist from the menu options on the launch page, it also tells you what program it’s going to launch now which is a nice touch. The advanced section has some new features too which I have also selected the third options on each drop down menu as well and keeping all the check box options ticked

The results are a brilliant and worth the small price for the upgrade if you already own the previous version.

If you’ve never installed Fidelizer on your PC, then this program will transform your PC from a basic music player to one that has rhythm and soul together with that little something that cannot be quantified. It’s adds an extra dimension like the very best interconnect deliver to high end hi-fi systems

Well done Keetakawee windowsX

Hi, 

yeah, but it’s a small price for the differences with its improvements

i would say, either email Keetakawee, wait for the email upgrade email or visit http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/fidelizer-upgrade-program/ upgrade website

i know he’s working flat out with emails at the moment. So don’t be worried if you don’t get an instant response ?

As for the setup for your system, I use JRiver, so cannot help here. But, I’m sure others have the answer and if not, the authors of each program will certainly have the perfect setup solution for you to use.

i have noticed that one of the drop down options does have usages for different programs

If you’ve run the program once GUI mode and it’s asked you to restart, then the executable file will be there somewhere. Within windows 10 it is located on the c drive under the main windows folder. 

You may may have to switch back to GUI mode to find out what the folder path is, the program your looking for is fidelizercore.exe 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Desertpilot said:

I would like to use fidelizer but have held back because I am not sure of the impact on my computer.  I have a home built and robust  computer dedicated to home theater use.  It is Windows 10, core i7, 48gb memory, SSD for the OS, and lots of HDs for movies (ripped blue rays) and music (variety of formats, mostly multichannel WAV, DSF, FLAC).  I use J River MC 23 (64bit).

Typical usage is about 50% music and 50% movies or Netflix streaming.  The computer is almost never used for any other purpose.

Should I try fidelizer?  Which level for music & movies & streaming?

Thanks

Marcus

Your system and usage is similar to mine, although you have a higher processor and a little more memory.

musically using JRiver with Fidelizer will make a massive difference to your setup and with movies, it makes a difference to the audio to (you will have to choose which program your going to use with Fidelizer before hand as it tunes itself for that program - simply run Fidelizer and select which program you want to run and restart)  To avoid this I would recommend building a multi boot system enabling you to use a clean install for JRiver and another for your normal windows operations (but it’s not necessary)  for me it was the best thing I did and haven’t looked back

Fidelizer transforms your system like the best interconnects do.

When i tried the free version, it only took a few seconds to realise how good this program was. 

I then purchased the program and waited for the pro version of Fidelizer to be made for me. This can take a few days to come though, so don’t panic. 

Its one of the best things I’ve added to my PC and is significantly better than JRiver at making music sound music

remember, purchasing the full blown program helps support the developer and gives you access to all its features

• 5 years later...

So, I purchased Fidelizer Pro many moons ago, in fact it was back in 2016 and during those 7 years I’ve heard big improvements with 8.0 being one of the biggest until 8:10

I’m not really sure how @Windows X has managed to transform 8:9 so much, but my system sounds more alive than it every has and I thought it was fantastic before

Its made me purchase an SSD this week to store my music on and then alter a few power options for my HDD’s as I no longer be  using them for the musical part of my system and it sounds so good, I’m as happy as can be

I suspect that streaming is now becoming the norm and people like me who still archive CD’s for playback is more niche than ever, but I’ve got to say, it’s a sad day that the Fidelizer software won’t receive any further updates. But in truth, after all the years I’ve had out of the program and what joy it’s still bring today, I’ve got to say thanks as listening to music is a part of my life and your program makes it a little sweeter

For those who don’t understand what this program has to offer, you only need to try the free version to hear a difference and with the Pro, you just get a lot more of what you’ve heard

I also bought Audioengine Optimizer and Process Lasso and out of the three, Fidelizer is the one where my ears noticed massive improvements. I know the other programs have done their part as it’s noticeable, but if you are trying home build yourself, Fidelizer is an absolute must in my opinion if you value your pc’s musical abilities

For those that are interested, my systems an aging fanless Intel i5 system with 32GB of ddr3l memory plus, SOtM TX-USBExp Card hooked up via Chord Signature ARAY USB to a Teac UD-501 running the previous ASIO driver which seems to have been removed from the Teac website. there are a few more bits plus I also use it for movies to via an alternative boot, but for music alone with  with jRiver and jRemote as the interface, that’s about it from PC to DAC. Most of the features within jRiver have been turned off over the 7 years I’ve been using it as it just see it as a fantastic interface remote solution from my phone/pad

I actually played at upsampling to DSD and using SOX and found that music just sounds so more dynamic when things are just left alone. I also store everything as WAV files and are archived using dBpowerAmp (for an accuraty). The other reason I use WAV is I get fatigued with FLAC and I’m not saying I can hear a difference, but after listing for any length of time, then enjoy isn’t the same with me wanting to turn it off. So on some level my ears are detecting something even though audibly I cannot hear it 

Once again, cheers Keetakawee for all your work on this software and I hope people will keep supporting you with this great software as it’s one of a kind