IGNORED

The fact that Atkinson showed up here

20 hours ago, John_Atkinson said:

You are drawing a general conclusion from too small a sample. You are doing what my statistics professor called "data dredging," using a chosen data set to support a predetermined conclusion. I have written elsewhere that the ratio between advertisers and non-advertisers whose products are reviewed in Stereophile is around 50/50. That statement was based on looking at the reviews in a large number of issues. But if you examine just one issue, as you have done, the ratio can be very different.

Ah, now I clearly understand John, we have to look at a bigger picture. I'm figuring what your doing is to add in all the reviews from back in the years when Stereophile didn't accept any advertising. That's where we're missing getting the numbers you have stated. Quite easy when you understand the inside details. ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 12/31/2017 at 7:41 AM, John_Atkinson said:

The Stereophile writers who have auditioned decoded MQA files and compared them with the PCM originals (where the provenance is known) have found that there is an improvement in sound quality. Sometimes the improvement is small, sometimes not so small, but there is never a degradation.

Has the listening been done under a blind controlled  condition?

If the difference is obvious how do you determine that it's really better and not just different? It's easy for folks to be fooled by euphonic coloration, look at the current fad for vinyl.

Either way, in the end your willing in time to lose the distribution of totally lossless original PCM files to the DRM like control of MQA?

That will be a sad ending, your mags position is sticking knives in the backs of audiophiles for the sake of some marketing $ dollars.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

5 minutes ago, esldude said:

And this would be an even bigger scam

And one that could probably make a lot of money.

Lets talk dude.  :D

On 1/1/2018 at 10:10 PM, wdw said:

The issue is not whether you imagine your position to be correct, that is a debatable point, but more so the malice that you write into them.   You constantly offer these silly BS $$ challenges.  Please go back to hacking Hillary’s emails.  I personally believe this site as  a whole should put you on ignore.  

Queue Cogley and Kamakame.

Some people have the confidence to put their money where their mouth is.

Others can only run their mouths.