I find the the iOS apps on both iPhone and iPad to be nicely designed and essentially bug free. The MacOS desktop app is as well, although a more robust navigational feature set would be welcome IMO. 

That at being said, my primary use for Qobuz is via Roon, rather than native Qobuz apps, and I’m  very satisfied with that implementation. I find Qobuz’s US album database to have expanded since I first began the Beta subscription and they are promising an even more robust selection by the time they make the official US launch. 

I believe it is still possible to sign up for the US Beta, but that puts you on a waiting list typically. Certainly wouldn’t hurt to do it, but there are journalistic reports that February 15th will be that launch date (not yet confirmed/denied by Qobuz that I am aware of).

17 minutes ago, rando said:

Wondering what state of usability (US) Qobuz is in currently; ie fully functional and almost bug free?

This extended beta duration caught me off guard.  Planned on just enrolling once the doors officially opened.  How do you get an open beta invite (or alternately has that bus left the station), just sign up for more information on the launch page you see when visiting from the US?

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

2 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@spin33 i mostly agree but i find ROON takes very long to load been like that for me since it started and slows down during play ie scrolling changing playlists and most recently the hi res selections only play(for the most part) at 16/44 yet on Qobuz desktop app and A+3 everything is crisp fast and play HiRes at 96 or 192 i even find the MQA selections from TIDAL(that i transferred via Soundiiz) play at hires with the logo(HiRes) and everything ie bit rate on the Qobuz app and A+3- maybe it's just the ROON site it is not necessarily a bad thing as SQ  is still great regardless

@bobbmd Sounds like you may have some optimization/settings issues with Roon and your Mini? I too use an i7 Mini w/16GB ram as a dedicated server and Roon ver1.6 installed. Not currently having the same sluggishness or slowdowns that you describe (although I did for the first few days after the 1.6 update).

Re: streaming resolution, I’ve not found any difference between the Qobuz stream on Roon vs Qobuz desktop app. There are however known issues of innacurate resolution labeling that Qobuz acknowledges and are working on. That mislabeling however occurs in both Roon and the Qobuz app.

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan