IGNORED

Tidal Log In Issue Technical Problem - Please Help

As the title says, I'm having an issue logging in to Tidal. I have had Tidal in use for more than two years on my main system downstairs via an Aurender N100. Today, I just got my newly purchased used Microrendu (1.4) working for the upstairs system, where I work from home. I tried logging in to Tidal (via Kazoo) using my exact correct information, and repeatedly got this error:

"Tidal Login Error

Network problem: Unsupported curve: 1.2.840.10045.3.1.7"

JC

Hi JC,

A quick online search reveals a failure of the login SSL handshake, in its use of Elliptic Curve Cryptography, as the likely cause. At a guess it's client side and specific to the microRendu, seeing as the Aurender doesn't appear to have the problem. I'd suspect the BubbleUPnP Server helper software that you've used to create an OpenHome renderer for the microRendu to provide it with TIDAL access. The Linn Kazoo OpenHome controller app is most probably just providing the user interface to the login process, so not actually running it.

The BubbleUPnP Server is a Java application, so it could simply be that the Java Runtime Environment it's running under is missing its support for the elliptic curve mentioned in the error message, in its suite of SSL functions. This oversight would be more likely in a tailored build of the JRE, as I suspect the microRendu is using, assuming you are using the BubbleUPnP Server installed in the microRendu.

If you are using the BubbleUPnP Server installed in the microRendu, have you made sure (for most up to date JRE) that it's got the latest firmware installed? Also, if the BubbleUPnP Server app was already installed when you first started using the microRendu, it would be worth checking to see if it requires updating to the latest version.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Ok, then following my argument the suspicion would fall on the version of the Java Runtime that's installed on the NAS.

However, it'd be best to first see if you can actually pin point the culprit, by swapping the various components one by one in a process of elimination. First thing would be to see if it's anything to do with the Linn Kazoo app. If you are on Android, try swapping it with the BubbleDS Next app or if on iOS try swapping it with the Lumin app. If the TIDAL login still fails, it eliminates Kazoo.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Good, so it's as I suspected - the OpenHome controller app isn't involved in the TIDAL login process and it's the OpenHome renderer that is, or in your case, the OpenHome renderer emulator that you configured  the BubbleUPnP Server to create for the microRendu.

If you are certain that the NAS's BubbleUPnP Server is up to date (version 0.9-update27), then you should install & test the same version on another networked machine with the latest version of Java 8 installed - to see if it is an issue with the NAS's Java Runtime.

https://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver

Do you have a computer that you can test this with?

Don't forget to remove the microRendu's OpenHome renderer created by the NAS's BubbleUPnP Server, before you create one for it with the new BubbleUPnP Server

-- Jo Cox

16 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Unfortunately, no other computer is available. 

JC

That's unfortunate. However, you have got another option in the microRendu. Hopefully, it's relatively straight forward to install the latest version of the BubbleUPnP Server on it, if it's not already there.

-- Jo Cox