IGNORED

Time To Dump Tidal? Bluesound / BlueOS Now Has Deezer HiFi

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Perhaps we should start contacting Deezer to request these features. The company may have no idea what's needed until we tell them.

+1

I won't be dumping Tidal until it can do everything, or more than Tidal can at a lower cost.

I noticed their subscription page shows $9.99 for "Hi Quality" and another "HiFi" for $19.99.  A bit confusing.

35 minutes ago, schiit said:

Given how terrible Tidal's connection reliability is, this is welcome news. It has become almost impossible for me to rely on Tidal on a 100Mbps line that has no problem with Netflix 4K. 

I've never had a problem with my Tidal connection through a browser.  When I use it on a PC with their dedicated app, which is necessary for MQA, it constantly hangs.  So I don't use the app.  Streaming through Roon is never an issue.

8 minutes ago, crenca said:

I think it is a product of a large, consumer electronics industry that puts together products by checklists, committees, and at the absolute lowest cost etc. They are often really really (really really really) out of touch with the end users.  I find most music players (hardware and software) have such glaring defects it is painfully obvious that almost no one in the creation process actually uses those products for what they are intended.  That's what makes Roon and such things such a pleasant surprise.

Roon is by far the most user friendly because of its simplicity and capabilities. It does have some shortcomings. They are tight with Apple but limited with Android. Already in this thread I hear people begging for Chromecast support. I'm sure they have a list of to do's and they seem to be engaged with their community. In the end they can only do so much with their available resources.