IGNORED

Sonore ultraDigital v2.0

On 12/23/2017 at 10:06 PM, birdland45 said:

If I should start a new topic in a different section, let me know.

I just purchased the utlraRendu, ultraDigital and Sbooter power supply as a special package from Small Green Computer.  I've sent an email to them but I thought I'd post something here.

I don't have a NAS or music server yet so I used JRiver MC to serve up my music library from my computer.  I used JRiver to play to the ultraRendu which is connected to the ultraDigital and then to my DAC, the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2v2SE, via I2S 'completely unaltered'.  I can get all PCM up to 352kHz and DSD from DSD64 to DSD256 as verified by the DAC.

The problem is that the left and right channels are reversed.  I believe I have set up the switches on the ultraDigital properly and yet what I hear on the left should be on the right and vice versa.

Has anyone seen this with the ultraDigital?  (I hope this isn't the same problem as I've read about with the SIngxer SU-1 and W4S DACs.)

Thanks,

Walter

Walter:

I'm really interested in your report as I also have a W4S DAC-2v2SE, mine upgraded from the DAC-2DSDse (a huge improvement). The ultraDigital bypassing the usb input would alleviate my biggest frustration with the W4S ie the limitation of DSD128 with my microRendu and using the i2s input, which is reportedly the best input, hopefully will be another bonus. 

I thought the problem with the Singxer was because W4S claimed to use the exact PS configuration but it actually wasn't. Since the ultraDigital has a separate W4S config, if it's not 100% correct, hopefully it can be easily fixed.

Looking forward to your report,

Bob

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Thanks Walter for working thru the W4S switch settings, greatly appreciated. I think a ultraDigital is definitely in my future once back in stock!

If anyone would like to make a suggestion, how would you best power my device chain:

microRendu v1.3 -> ISO Regen -> ultraDigital using one LPS-1 and one HDplex 100w PS? 

and would the ISO Regen even be needed? or is an upgrade to microRendu v1.4 a necessity?

Thoughts?

Bob

Mac Mini M1 12 volt dc > Roon > HQ Player to DSD 256 > Fibre to EtherRegen w/LPS1.2 and BG7TBL OCXO > Sonore microRendu v1.3 > IsoRegen > Denafrips Iris > i2s  > Denafrips Pontus II > Schiit Freya+ w/ Linlai E-6SN7's >  Nord One Up NCore 500 monoblocks REV D w/SI990Enh op amps > Martin Logan Impression 11A w/ dual Rythmik E15HP2 subs. Supra Cat8, JPS Labs Superconductor+ cables

Kitsune has a Wireworld UltraViolet .3m cable for $75. I think it;'s got good reviews from the Holo users.

I don't want to buy another PS. The LPS-1 and HDPlex should be enough. I'm just not sure where to use the LPS-1 to best advantage.

Bob

ultraDigital ordered, Small Green had them.

Bob

Don't know if the ultraDigital or my new HDMI cable need any break-in, but right out of the box it's a very nice improvement to my system. Thanks Sonore!

Bob

• 4 months later...

Does the ultraDigital draw any VBUS power on it's input?

I have an ISO Regen in front of the ultraDigital that I would like to move to a 5 volt input, but that will only work if the ultraDigital doesn't draw any power from the VBUS although it's ok to sense if there is VBUS power.

What's the deal? Thanks!

Bob

Thanks!

I was thinking of adding LT3045's to the LPS-1 that powers the ISO Regen ahead of my ultraDigital as folks report that as an improvement. They really helped the HDPlex that powers my microRendu.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Another question!

Which device in my chain should get the best power supply? I have a microRendu v1.3 > ISO Regen > ultraDigital.

The power supplies, when my LPS 1.2 arrives in a couple days will be:

HDPlex 100 with two LT3045's outputting 7 volts (Got a very significant boost adding the LT3045's powering my microRendu)

LPS-1 with one LT3045 outputting 6 volts (Perhaps a very modest improvement adding the LT3045 powering the ISO Regen)

LPS-1.2 

A lot of combinations to try, so any thoughts would be appreciated?

Bob

Ok, so why did I buy the ultraDigital?

Bob

Actually I bought it because it allowed me to:

1. Use the better I2S input on my dac

2. Avoid Linux usb limit of DSD128 and go to DSD256

3 Go to native dsd instead of DOP.

All in all, a really nice upgrade.

Bob

microRendu. My dac usb wouldn't support higher.

Bob

Bob

It may now but didn't when I purchased the ultraDigital. It showed up later on your list, but I wondered how it got there as I thought I needed an upgrade from W4S which I never heard about even though I was pestering them.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Powering mine with the LPS-1.2 was certainly a step up from the LPS-1.

Looking forward to seeing your comparison to the Singxer!

Bob