IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR7

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, guillaume31 said:

Spotforscott,

Did Paul confirm this ? Because I'm #24 and my delivery date is way beyond (according to an update I received beg. of September)

I have not asked for confirmation recently. He gave me that start build date at the end of August. I have never asked him how long a build takes once he starts the build (I assumed it would be a week or two but I may be way off with that). I will reach out to him and get an update and post an update here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, TheAttorney said:

I had a poor experience recently when adding JSSG 360 to my SR7 DIY DC cable:

Started with 4 x Neotech 18AWG OCC solid core copper in starquad formation. Soldered to a Jaeger connector at SR7 end (2 wires per pin), and an el cheapo screw terminated 2.5mm plug at Hugo M-scaler end. About 0.6m long, no grounding.

Sounded great, but I haven't compared to any other cable yet.

I then added JSSG 360 and got worse SQ across the board (flatter, more smeared, reduced detail/dynamics etc).

I assumed I was imagining it, so let it run for a few days, but SQ remained disappointing.

So I removed the JSSG 360 and SQ immediately improved - it was very obvious, no further A/B comparisons needed.

I can imagine that there may be some circumstances where JSSG 360 would not give much improvement, but I can't see how it could ever make things worse. Any ideas?

Same experience as you with DC cables that come with JS-2