IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

15 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

They display extreme intolerance to dissenting viewpoints and if not frankly uncivil behaviour, skirting the edges with sarcastic remarks meant to offend. IMO it is cyber bullying and is almost cult like in its goal to ridicule audiophiles. Ironically they bleat if their unsolicited impoliteness is returned or not "tolerated".

Part of the credo is to bastardize the term audiophile to mean delusional individuals that warrant ridicule and they are incessant and zealous in this prime "objective". "Objectivist" may therefore be a fitting title in the context of their prime objective. In reality the term objective has also been bastardized to mean their subjective interpretation of data IMO.

Mind you, this website is an *audiophile* website. So it is a little strange that they participate here unless for the prime objective.

I am not defending the ML now infamous comment, but it is no surprise that he was set upon. Other professionals have experienced the same fate and left. BD comes to mind. Yeh, I get ML was unliked and that he was considered a trouble making troll by some, which I find a bit rich of the accusers to be honest. His "sin" was to offend the delicate sensibilities of the cult by having the audacity to hear differences in ethernet cables. Perhaps there was more to it. He dared to assert his authority on a matter that the cult has supreme ownership of the truth.

Oh :D. <----- I declare immunity

Image result for troll award

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

5 minutes ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

yes agreed. I also note Dennis changed that troll image to remove context.

Wasn't changed to remove context.  Just decided a change was better.  Didn't know you would respond almost immediately.  Your reply wasn't here when I changed it so it must have occurred while you were replying.  Sorry, no intent to trick anyone that way.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Because very few other Audio forums will permit this kind of behaviour.

They have no interest in anything Audiophile, so it would appear that they have come here purely to be disruptive and get their "jollies."

I wonder if Admin permits this, because it is likely to increase traffic statistics ?

I wonder how many of them are also members of Hydrogen Audio ?

Longer term members may recall that Hydrogen Audio had members join Audiophile forums for this specific purpose some ago,  but they got found out. 

Heard that tale before Alex.  That dog didn't hunt then and it doesn't hunt now.  

9 hours ago, sandyk said:

It's not a tale

. It actually happened. I can't presently recall the name of the senior Hydrogen Audio member that organised it.

Perhaps Bill or some other longer term member may remember his name ?

Perhaps you have Alzheimers setting in Dennis ? :P

You were around at the time too, IIRC.

I remember it well because you accused me of being a leader in the conspiracy group.  I stated I didn't remember when I last posted there.  Well you looked and found I had posted there some 3 or 4 months prior.  As I recall 3 posts about 2AFC style testing.  Nothing about CA or some conspiracy.  My next most recent post at that time on HA was something like 6 years prior.  I don't know if I have posted a dozen times there since. Maybe I have.  I'll leave that to you Alex.  No need for me to look and see. 

I remember a later time since then when about 4 regular HA posters started posting here for a short time.  I don't remember any conspiracy being found out.  Maybe Bill can fill us in.  ;)

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, sandyk said:

Let's see if your smug attitude changes a bit if Mani is able to prove that he hears things that many of you claim is simply not possible, just like your claim that USB  Regens etc. can't do what MANY members report either!

And if Mani is shown not to hear these things?

What then?