IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

1 hour ago, rando said:

I can ask for assistance in that capacity.  That is a lot less constructive than mentioning the stern talking to someone else here rightfully got for making cracks about ML's last name though.

Go tell him your bad jokes in person if you think they bear mention.  Just saying.

I can do that.  Send me his address -- or yours, muffy.

• 3 months later...

many CA members are engineers, hence the detailed and in depth analysis of mechanisms affecting audio reproduction

many CA members are engineers, hence the lack of well socialized and civil interactions

I went to one of the xITs for undergrad, and trust me this is an inborn trait

3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Some recent comments from Steven Plaskin from the Audiostream "Is MQA DRM" post (with responses from "DH"):

Steven Plaskin: I am deeply disturbed by the destructive anger that is being encouraged at another site dedicated to our hobby. Most audiophiles I know couldn’t give two shits about MQA. But the vitriol and devise behavior being propagated displays to me some serious issues that need to be addressed - and they are not audio issues.

Here is a direct quote about what I am referring to:

Lavorgna is a jerk

Make an 'objective' comment you are sneered at as a "mere cloth-eared engineer".
Make two and you're off.

And his lackey, the snake-oil freak Steve Plaskin, is even worse, though at least he is reasonably polite about it.

What normal thinking adult would want to be part of this?

When it was brought up that AudioStream turns out more equipment reviews, the owner of the site questioned AudioStream’s quality of writing. Just compare Chris Connaker’s review of the SOtM sMS-200 with mine. Reach your own conclusions.

There is a true disconnect from reality occurring that in the end, will only hurt our hobby.

DH: You are correct. But the context is that ML was banned from CA because of HIS language and behavior there, including the use of profanity related to someone's mother.

Steven Plaskin: And this language was sent in a private message. If Chris did not want Michael to post on his site, he could have told Michael in a private message. Chris decided that punishing Michael would further his economic goals. Naturally, I cannot know what Chris is thinking, but his behavior and tolerance of abusive posts suggests what I am referring to.

DH: I'm not defending some of the language used at CA. But some of MLs public posts were also not what I'd expect of a professional.

Chris doesn't allow the private messaging function at his site to be exploited for abuse.

I think that's exactly how it should be. I'm not really sure why you are excusing that kind of behavior.
ML isn't the first to be banned from the site for that type of stuff.

Steven Plaskin: This isn’t really about Michael’s “street language”. I think you know what I’m referring to.

edit: Michael Lavorgna has just added this: Chris allows abusive, offensive, and ...insulting language directed at people who do this for a living on his site - every day. To my mind, this is not the way a professional moderates a forum.

Cool.  It looks like ML has crossed over into the slander/libel lawsuit area.  If anyone does want to further their economic goals, there you are.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Remember not to personally attack anyone. Feel free to question someone's argument or published work, but not their person. This includes me as well. There's only one set of rules here at CA. 

can you post your published work?

1 hour ago, Mercman said:

You are amazing! You can  see a picture of just one wall and know the room sounds terrible. 

I'm done posting at CA for today. This is just too much! I think I liked you guys better when you called me names.

Well, you can certainly see one photo and wonder how in the world someone would deal with the glare from the window and the frequency spectrum imbalance on the two speakers - not to mention the comb filtering...

It would be wonderful if there was a DSP device to fix this suboptimal setup but I don't think there is one yet.  Maybe there is a coating of snake oil on the window?

beetle,  If he lowers the blinds when listening then he should have stated that in or near the photo (not that the photo itself should have been taken with the blinds down).

And, yes, most blinds are not very effective so let's go with partial snake oil, or some snake oil effect.

If you would like ot do some reading on acoustics I will be glad to post some books for you to read, but start a new thread on it - in Sandy's favorite forum...

I'd love to see the journal articles showing that Blinds very much make a significant difference.  My other criticisms still stand.

I am well aware of suboptimal rooms as I have one.  I like to see out my windows.  More info at the Giant Black Things in my Living Room thread.

MQA is bad for your audio health.  Like a parasitic infection.