IGNORED

Allo Digione

On 12/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, allo.com said:

In my opinion DigiOne will not benefit greatly from a ultra low noise PSU.

If you want to try you could try removing the isolated DC/DC convertor and use 2 PSUs to feed the RPI and DigiOne

Could you please show how to use a separate PSU to feed DigiOne? I have a LT 1083, and also a 7V Rcore at hand but just don't know what to remove and where to solder on DigiOne.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nbpf said:

Nice! How is the DigiOne powered here? How does it sound in comparison with a standard setup? Do you still find that a Singxer SU1 attached to a Raspberry Pi yields a better sound quality? Thanks, nbpf

Hi, the 30VA Rcore transformer has 2 outputs. Output 1 powers Pi3 through Lt1963 and 3 Lt3045s. Output 2 powers DigiOne through Lt1083 (center of the photo, with the big capacitor). I just followed instructions in the file attached by Allo last page.

Pi3x means a rcore transformer providing 5v, 3.3v, and 1.8 power to Pi, bypassing the smps dc converter on Pi (it is removed indeed). This way ensures Pi is fed by full linear power. This helps boost SQ. Adding a DigiOne is another move for better SQ. And finally, modding power source for DigiOne consummate the effort.