IGNORED

Article: Meet the… BG?

This wasn't new to me (I'm old enough).

But I never got the "sounds just like the Beatles" thing.

Voices and accents are different. Rhythm section also doesn't sound like the Beatles.

Lots of music back then was in a similar style...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

15 hours ago, esimms86 said:

Chris, I get similar comments when I tell people about Peter Green and others fronting Fleetwood Mac prior to Buckingham and Nicks. Sometimes it helps to have a few extra years on you.

I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Gilbert at his home earlier this month. He shared many stories about music and culture "back in the day." It made me think, over and over, how much I wish I was born 20 years earlier. 

4 hours ago, firedog said:

This wasn't new to me (I'm old enough).

But I never got the "sounds just like the Beatles" thing.

Voices and accents are different. Rhythm section also doesn't sound like the Beatles.

Lots of music back then was in a similar style...

Being very new to me, and not living through the Beatles era, this sounded like early Beatles to me. I'm sure if I was a Beatles scholar, I would denounce this as blasphemous :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I was fortunate enough to spend some time with Gilbert at his home earlier this month. He shared many stories about music and culture "back in the day." It made me think, over and over, how much I wish I was born 20 years earlier. 

Being very new to me, and not living through the Beatles era, this sounded like early Beatles to me. I'm sure if I was a Beatles scholar, I would denounce this as blasphemous :~)

No, not at all blasphemous. Obviously there's a resemblance. But I can name you about 20 other bands from that era that sounded like the Beatles. Their style was pretty heavily copied. The BeeGees weren't exactly unique in that aspect. They were different in that they were superior songwriters and performers to most of the other bands from that era. 

Maybe part of what went on with this single is that people were hearing all this music over AM radio. That will certainly blur some of the more subtle distinctions between recordings. And the "mystery" aspect would lead them to jump to the conclusion that it was the Beatles. Or maybe a lot of those people were the  same ones who believed the "Paul is dead" nonsense....

Or maybe it's just b/c I'm too familiar with the Beatles. I'd pick up on the difference in the voices right away. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)