IGNORED

FORGETTING the Digital to Analog conversion part, what is BEST Digital source?

23 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

I just want to thank barrows for "Ayre chooses not to use global negative feedback in their circuits" - my emphasis - it is all too rare that people distinguish global vs. all or local neg. feedback

moving on:  Benchmark is using a feed forward circuit in their AH2B

A fair distinction in general.   However, we do not use only zero global feedback. 

President

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

In other words, it lacked the Ayre house distortion. If an amp stands out, it's doing something wrong, IMO.

I disagree with your assessment. The goal is to be as transparent as possible, not to try and "improve" the music with what the designer may happen to like. 

President

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.

10 hours ago, Speedskater said:

I want to apologize to Ayre, They are not one of the poorly designed products that I was referring to. (had to dig out my old magazines)

But for an example of a poor design, see the Feb. 2018 Stereophile magazine. (and two good designs)

Thank you for the follow-up, I like to think we work hard to do things right. We often wish right didn't mean expensive too!

President

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.

12 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

I just looked up the QX-5.  That looks like an impressive piece of gear like what I am looking for.  It may be out of my budget, but it looks like you really have something here which is what I have been longing to see....It may be worth reaching for....

Can you tell me does it cross off all my checkboxes?

DSD256+ on both usb and enet

galvanic isolation on usb

ES9038 in mono mono design

ultra low phase noise clocks

LPS or optional LPS

WIFI

Ability to turn off circuits not in use

jitter reduction circuitry

And did i see the price right?  $6K?  That seems very low for AYRE?

Did you skiimp on the dac or somewhere, where separates would offer more SQ?

thanks

Would be happy to talk to you about the features sometime, but I think we hit most of what you'd be looking for and a few things besides.  I don't want to sound like I'm advertising on the forum (not sure of the rules on that), but can talk in private message or over the phone any time.  I know the price is out of the range, but keep an eye out, you never know what we may be coming out with next...

President

Ayre Acoustics, Inc.