IGNORED

Mola Mola Pre/dac review compared to DAVE dac

7 hours ago, Hyperion said:

If you're looking for and value the highest grade of neutrality, transparency and resolution above everything else of potential qualities in a system, the Mola Mola Tambaqui will be very, very hard to beat regardless of price based on my experience.

How would Tambaqui compare to the Ayre QX-5?  Has anyone heard both these units?

I'm currently using a Jeff Rowland Aeris with a Berkeley Alpha USB.  I don't know if you guys are familiar with this DAC.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 minutes ago, toetapaudio said:

Maybe you could borrow a Tambaqui?

I'll have to see if I can arrange a home audition through the USA distributor.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

@Hyperion your comments about the Aeris and QX-5 are accurate, but I'd appreciate your assessment of the sound quality of the Tambaqui vs these units.  I understand the differences in functionality.

Jeff Rowland has an excellent supercapacitor PSU for the Aeris.  It's an obvious potential upgrade path for me.  I'm just not sure I want to invest that much more money in the Aeris given its somewhat dated design.   That PSU alone costs almost as much as the other DACs.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Marcel073 said:

AFAIK, Mr Putzeys is no longer involved with Hypex and M-M.

Hmm, that makes me hesitant to consider getting a Tambaqui.

24 minutes ago, firedog said:

You might want to verify that before drawing conclusions. Why not write the company and ask. 

It has to be true.  I read it on the internet. ?

13 hours ago, Marcel073 said:

With a conversion rate of 1,14 the Tambaqui sets you back around USD 11.390.

USA price of Tambaqui is $13,400.  That's the price I got from GTT Audio.

There are already a few threads on the topic of Kii Three.  Can we please reserve this thread for Mola Mola Makua/Tambaqui?

• 2 weeks later...

GTT Audio is circulating a demo Tambaqui to prospective buyers for home audition in the USA.  Contact Bill Parish ([email protected]if you're interested.  USA price is $13,400.

51 minutes ago, mevdinc said:

no remote is just not acceptable to me

Where did you get this information?  I asked the USA distributor Bill Parish about your comment.  His response:

Oh, my that is hilarious.  So much misinformation running around.  Every day I hear a new one.   

It for sure has a volume control that can be controlled via the app or the included remote.

5 hours ago, matthias said:

Yes, @Hyperion promised to compare Tambaqui to his other top DACs

Are @Hyperion and @Perfect sense different users who just have the same icon?

12 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Same same :)

Let's hope your two personalities don't have a difference of opinion.

11 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

Are you going to buy one if Perfect sense says it's the best ever?

I need my expectation bias set appropriately before my demo machine shows up. ?

12 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

Someone should start a thread on the Tambaqui, rather than turn this into a Tambaqui thread.

I thought about doing just that but it's likely going to mean that people have to monitor two different threads for Tambaqui listening impressions.  

If the recent posters to this thread all agree to switch over to a dedicated Tambaqui thread, I'd be happy to create one.

OK guys I have created a dedicated thread for Tambaqui listening impressions and design questions.  I encourage everyone to use it going forward.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/55205-mola-mola-tambaqui/?tab=comments#comment-909633

OK everyone needs to do due diligence and make their own decisions.  I for one trust the integrity of some dealers and appreciate their consulting time.

If you want to continue this message that dealers/distributors are all biased, please don't muck up my new thread.  

I am just an audio enthusiast and have no connections to anyone in the business.

23 minutes ago, Music Enthusiast said:

I know of a dealer who was cut off by Kii for publicly saying he preferred the Dutch and Dutch 8C. 

It wouldn't surprise me if that dealer had already made a decision to pick up D&D and drop Kii.

3 hours ago, rickca said:

OK guys I have created a dedicated thread for Tambaqui listening impressions and design questions.  I encourage everyone to use it going forward.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/55205-mola-mola-tambaqui/?tab=comments#comment-909633

I have asked Chris to delete my thread since people did not want to respect the intended scope.

Deleted