IGNORED

Why not to visit a hifi store - or how I ended up buying another pair of headphone

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

No idea. But they must have done their market research. I'm still thinking the headphone industry was impacted quite a bit from Beats. 

I go into the local Apple stores frequently, where Beats headphones are everywhere.  The Ad that Apple ran in 1984 to introduce the Mac (1984-ish theme of people as sheep) is a perfect backdrop to Beats - they're everywhere, they're disgustingly ugly to look at, hold in the hand, and listen to.  They're the opposite of the better end of Apple - creativity and all - Beats are one of the dullest most uncreative audio products imaginable.  And the Apple stores used to feature some good headphones, like the Sennheiser Amperior.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny story. That's why I only go to a store when I know exactly what I want to buy. Last two times were when I wanted to buy an Etymotics er4 and of course my stereo amp (not really a gadget though). I'm actually open for a pair of full size headphones, I'm using the HFi 780 which are very easy on the ears for round the clock listening however they mess up with my hair pretty badly - and for most men over 23 years old hair is an as big concern as sound quality.

W

On 3.9.2017 at 8:12 PM, unbalanced output said:

Funny story. That's why I only go to a store when I know exactly what I want to buy. Last two times were when I wanted to buy an Etymotics er4 and of course my stereo amp (not really a gadget though). I'm actually open for a pair of full size headphones, I'm using the HFi 780 which are very easy on the ears for round the clock listening however they mess up with my hair pretty badly - and for most men over 23 years old hair is an as big concern as sound quality.

Well, my two main headphones, the Sennheiser HD800 and the newly added Beyer T90 are ok for my hairstyle. But then again, I wear my hair pretty flat, I guess it's another thing if you go for one of those "bigger" hairstyles that have recently become popular in the millenial generation.