IGNORED

Kii Three - my impressions and pro reviews

Reaching out to Kii users....

Can anybody tell me why my files streamed via USB at 384khz sample rate  (viewed and verified on another dac) shows 192k in my Kii Control?

The reading is here:

Main Menu>Setup Menu>About>About Main Speaker>Samplerate>192000

Does Kii Control down sample to 192k before sending the stream to the Kii speaker?

Are my settings wrong or can any other Kii user help verify this.

Thanks!

Kamil

Thanks guys. I guessed as much... was hoping to take advantage of some of the latest  technology sample rate converters but I guess 192k is the actual limit.  I do believe hear a very subtle but probably insignificant difference between sample rates on the Kii.

Here’s a tip though for those without BXT. I use this between  speakers and stands .. Not so cheap but they work very well for me.

https://taica.co.jp/gel/en/product/vibration_damping/sn_sheet.html

Kamil

• 2 years later...
On 3/20/2023 at 10:26 PM, firedog said:

I don't think that's correct. I remember reading a few years ago that Kii was a separate company from Hypex and Purifi.

Bruno designed those modules, but he doesn't own the Hypex tech, and I don't think he owns the Purifi tech either (the companies do, AFAIK).

The Kii originally had amps based on a Bruno design that was, as I understood, similar to his other designs ( I assume Hypex NCore because of the age of the Kii design) but not identical, b/c he didn't have the rights to the tech and possibly b/c it was cheaper/better for them to use a custom design for a build as unique as the Kiis.

I'm pretty sure it isn't Purifi, either. 

I don't think they'd change the amp design at this point in the life cycle of the product. And if it was actually a Purifi model, it would be good marketing both  for them and for Purifi to say so outright.

"Custom Class D" (by Bruno) sounds about right. Probably using his best ideas at the time of the Kii design.

According to this, Kii Three now uses Purifi amplifiers throughout.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=183791314649970&set=a.103416632687439

Kamil

• 2 weeks later...