IGNORED

Using the ISO Regen with Phasure LUSH USB Cable

On the "USB audio cracked" thread , at least a few folks including myself have mentioned that they are using the ISO Regen in various configurations in conjunction with the Phasure LUSH USB cable.  Figured it may be helpful to some of us to have a place to share/compare info and experiences. 

There are a number of ways he cable can be incorporated into a given system. Then, with the differences in ancillary equipment in various systems there are many more possibilities that present themselves. 

I am about a week into my experience with the LUSH and have tried a a number of variations. Every audio system is nearly unique and while what works in one may not be best in another. However, we may be able to pin down some general pointers in how to best use this combination. 

I expect to post what I've done and impressions later today.  

Please share what you are up to and your impressions, findings. 

Doak

53 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I'm still burning in my Lush cable, but I am currently operating on the principle that assuming it sounds better, it needs to be the last USB cable in the chain before the DAC, or a DDC like a Singxer or Mutec, if that's what you're using.

Specifically wrt to the ISO-R, to honor the OP's intent, I am assuming the Lush should go from the output of the ISO-R to the next component? Or are you guys finding that it is better to put it before the ISO-R? That would be truly puzzling to me.

I have tried the Lush both before and after my ISO Regen while using the USBPC as the second connector.  

Contrary to what "should be",  I have a distinct preference for the sound with the Lush BEFORE the ISO Regen. 

I will also add that with the configuration, I prefer the setup with my DIY shorty connector. It adds another "dollop of lush" that appeals to me, while the USBPC puts things in sharper focus - two different flavors either of which may be chosen according to personal preference. 

BTW: My Lampizator DAC leans at least a bit toward the lush sound a;ready and this may prove a factor in my preference in configuration using the LUSH USB cable. 

OK,, here's another "observation" on using this combo IMOS (In My Own System):

The Lampizator has separate "engines" for PCM and DSD. 

What I am hearing is considerably more and better effect of/with the Lush on PCM playback. 

I've always had a preference for DSD with this DAC and now that preference has diminished to next to nothing. 

This really does make some sense since DSD playback has been considerably more "analog" like than PCM.

The slight edginess coupled with a certain thinness when in PCM mode is basically gone -- a very good thing indeed.

Will take more listening w/wo LUSH via DSD to say more about that situation. Generally though, when I pull it out of the system it doesn't take long for me to get it back into the system. 

Any observations/comments on differences of LUSH in IYOS (In Your Own System) with PCM vs DSD?? 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, musical physic said:

Ok so I just had the lush placed before the ISO regen > uspcb the sound was not good. Music was very smooth but had lost its ambience. Now I have the uspcb>ISO regen >lush........the magic is back and much more! 

I experienced the same thing ..... at the beginning. 

Then after at least a month of use I tried the "Lush 1st" placement and now prefer that configuration. Go figure?!?!

2 hours ago, musical physic said:

Hey Doak,

i just tried the Lush before the ISO regen and the resolution is much clearer and the music breathes easier. Definitely this placement is a winner in my system now. The sound from when I first got the cable has totally transformed. This Lush cable really needs a good burn in

"Sounds" like I'll have to move it back and take another listen. 

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Allan F said:

Doak:

Initially, you preferred the Lush USB cable after the ISO Regen. Then you wrote, that after a month you put the Lush before the ISO Regen and preferred that configuration. Almost a month has passed since you wrote the quoted post above. Did you move it back and, if so, what configuration would you now say sounds best in your system? Or, might it possibly be a wash?

Well,, the ISO Regen IS now directly behind the the DAC, BUT the IR is connected to the DAC with "stubbie" of my own design which has a lot of the flavor, IMO, of the LUSH. The two mini-USBs times the two configurations yields four setup possibilities with four gradients of "LUSHosity" - the config now in use being the 3rd degree. (I think) :D

I expect the amount of the effect one wishes to invoke is both system and user dependent.  It is great to have the options - even if they are two. 

2E67C4CE-6DDE-4F8F-A2A7-D6143379EB34.jpeg

8 hours ago, mustafakaiser said:

Guy just got my ISO REGEN and two LPS1 units 

SMS200 ultra -> lush -> txusb -> lush -> ISO REGEN -> USPCB -> Dac 

I am true amazed the ISO REGEN has got into my systems 

I am listening to music for 6 hours plus a day???

Enjoy!

When you are ready,,, consider adding the LUSH cable for possibly even more of what you are hearing & loving. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kilroy said:

Just received the Lush and have about 60 hours on it. Running it between a txUSBUltra and DAC. The IR is before the tx. The Lush is very warm sounding. Good for some material that can benefit from this. I'll continue to use other cables for other material. A valuable cable for the arsenal, ultimately.

You may want to try placing the LUSH before the txUSBUltra, if that's possible in your system. 

This will lessen, though not eliminate, its effect.