IGNORED

How DOES the grounding boxes work?

1 minute ago, lasker98 said:

I'm sure there's a point to this comment but I missed it. Care to elaborate?

Why bring up grounds, where they are referenced from, when the box is simply an inert object that one end of an antenna connects to while the other end connects into something conductive like the rest of your audio system.

17 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

Ah, thanks. So because you don't understand it it can't work?

I understand ground potential, mixed signal ground (read up on Henry Ott if interested).

Please find in ANY post where I said it didn't do something. I don't use the word 'work' for this device because it, demonstrably, should improve the noise floor if believing it is affecting ground. It raises it.

Now that COULD be a preference.

You seem to have me confused with someone else that says the box can't do anything.

So it's safer to assume that Entreq has been around 16 or 17 years, based out of a 12,000 sq/m building selling products designed solely to deceive an unsuspecting customer base? Sorry to say that doesn't work for me. I personally don't have that little respect for the human race.

You mean this building:

entreq.thumb.png.0f0b78af876375c8bac671135800e2f0.png

I much prefer thinking even though I don't have a clue how this works, there must be something to it. Maybe not for me, since I haven't actually tried it, but obviously for some.

We have a clue as to how it works: It's an Antenna.

You are now replying to me and you have reached beyond your technical limits.

1 hour ago, esldude said:

Not a bad idea.  To the OP.  Do you have a tuner?  Connect a wire from the antenna connection of the tuner to the jack on the Entreq.  See how well it works. 

If the hinted at principles of operation are in effect, the Entreq will ground and absorb any signals the tuner needs. 

That's funny. I was thinking of connect it to a 50 Ohm BNC and see if you can get a terrestrial broadcast.

24 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

As for rudeness, I guess we have a different definition of rudeness.

I'm just pointing out a fact. You're being a jerk in a really snotty reply to me and at the same time exposing your lack of technical understanding.

The Entreq has nothing to do with ground. It's an Antenna.

49 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Triboelectric is a major one - I worry about this a lot.

Are you talking in a medical equipment sense? Because my cables simply lay on the floor not moving.

Medical equipment designers test for Triboelectric noise by taking a 5 foot section of cable, 3 foot of it clear span.  Then take the weight of a 1 foot section of cable, multiply by 40, and then release that on the middle of the cable.

I think it's 50mv or less P2P and it's all good.

1 hour ago, fas42 said:

Ahhh, I see the objectivists have called a victory here - they've pummelled the other side mercilessly, and the latter have retreated to "lick their wounds" ... pity, that ...

I've yet to see a subjectivist cry uncle when beat mercilessly with the generic zip cord of logic.

10 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I heard back from Entreq today. Here is our email exchange. 

Hello Chris.

Nopp

Dont know how it have been done. He anyhow don´t use any of our cables.

All cables act like antennas. If you have right length, right metal , right area etc on the cable, you can pick up the most of  signals in the air, so ................

Perhaps any of the other brands, Tripoint, CAD, Nordost etc can help.

Best

PO

Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:41 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: Grounding Box Adds Noise?

Hi Guys - Someone has posted measurements of one of your grounding boxes and says it adds noise. Can you comment on this or explain why this appears to be the case?

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/34650-how-does-the-grounding-boxes-work/?page=6#comment-694618

Chris Connaker

Founder
Computer Audiophile

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh dear lord.

Thanks Chris.

1 hour ago, lasker98 said:

The point of the RCA or XLR connection is to connect to the signal ground. It's using those connectors, through their ground terminals only, to make that connection.

Yikes...

There is NOT a signal ground in XLR or balanced analog audio interconnects. Regardless of TRS or Phoenix connector.

It's CHASSIS ground. You are too ignorant in all of this to be effectively debating it.

Take a guess why it's chassis ground.

Check out this RANE application note:

http://www.rane.com/note110.html

and

http://www.rane.com/note151.html

3 minutes ago, lasker98 said:

"Remember, my position is that either the antenna effect is not relevant or is only a part of the process. I don't believe the box is functioning only as an antenna." 

Coming from someone that doesn't understand the basics of balanced cabling.