IGNORED

PS Audio LANRover USB Reclocker/ Purifier vs ISO Regan/ W4S RUR

17 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Intona is selling them on Amazon as well.  On Amazon, Intona follows the standard 30 day Amazon return policy, so I could try it out.

That is a good idea.

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

17 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Ah yes, thanks so much for further complicating matters :) !  I like meat on the bones, but do find the RUR by itself to be a bit flat and compressed, lacking 3D - although I like the overall sound.  I hadn't considered the Intona as a possibility, and the grand total cost would be similar to the ISO Regan.

And do I understand correctly that you have $75,000 speakers?   Wow.

They are more like $120k here in EU, but that is correct :)

Adam

1 hour ago, Elberoth said:

I'm not surprised. The original Regen Orange, you have been using with the Intona, performed quite poorly in my system. 

The Intona + W4S Recovery combo, was much, MUCH better. 

The Intona galvanic isolation was poor compared to the 2Qute built in GI.  The ISO Regen GI is better than the 2Qutes.  The Intona has poor clocking.  Anytime I can eliminate components and achieve superior SQ with simplicity, it's a win.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

6 hours ago, ElviaCaprice said:

The Intona galvanic isolation was poor compared to the 2Qute built in GI.  The ISO Regen GI is better than the 2Qutes.  The Intona has poor clocking.  Anytime I can eliminate components and achieve superior SQ with simplicity, it's a win.

How have you been able to measure Intona's galvanic isolation to judge it poor ?

Adam

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

If you could have only one, which would you pick.  The RUR + Intona, or the ISO Regen?

Thx

They have a bit different sonic signatures, so that would depend on system synergy and tonal balance.

Adam

55 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

They have a bit different sonic signatures, so that would depend on system synergy and tonal balance.

How were you able to measure the sonic signatures to determine they are a bit different?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

No, but I'm not making such as unsustainable claims as 'isolation was poor compared to the 2Qute built in galvanic isolation'.

I'm just reporting how my system sounded when a combination of one isolator + reclocker was substituted for another one.

IME Intona isolator alone (without the reclocker following it) is a very much hit or miss solution.

Adam

7 minutes ago, Elberoth said:

No, but I'm not making such as unsustainable claims as 'isolation was poor compared to the 2Qute built in galvanic isolation'.

I'm just reporting how my system sounded when a combination of one isolator + reclocker was substituted for another one.

IME Intona isolator alone (without the reclocker following it) is a very much hit or miss solution.

Same here, I'm just reporting how the Intona worked well for the Hugo, then was a detriment for the 2Qute, but the ISO Regen was a benefit for the 2Qute.  Don't see how your non measured claims are no further unsustainable than mine?

Intona GI < 2Qute GI < ISO Regen GI 

Thus poor, okay, best.  If it's my semantics you disagree with,. fair enough.