IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

4 hours ago, PYP said:

How I loved those speakers.  Sounded great and the cherry wood just kept getting more beautiful over time.  Wish B&W still used cherry since I don't like the new offerings very much.  Perhaps cherry is too soft for their new manufacturing process.  At any rate, enjoy them!

I'm totally with you! B&W really nailed it with the woods around the year 2000. Absolutely beautiful design as well. Now, I just can't get into them. 

I had the red cherry Nautilus 802 speakers and received so many positive comments about them from friends and relatives. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

56 minutes ago, elementze said:

New to this forum (active on other HiFi forums under same username), so I thought this would be a good place for a first post to introduce myself and my chain. 

PXL_20230724_140929076.thumb.jpg.d6b50f4c842eefa6557355208daf7b14.jpg

Main listening chain:

Roon ROCK --> M1 Mac Mini (HQPlayer) --> opticalRendu --> SRC-DX --> Qutest (dual BNC) --> Violectric HPA V550

In the same rack is a Schiit Yggy, used for some music listening, but mostly movie watching.

Music: Roon ROCK --> ultraRendu --> ultraDigital --> Yggy --> HPA V550

Movies: NVIDIA Shield --> optical USB --> Yggy --> HPA V550

Above pic shows Utopia.  I rotate this with a DCA Expanse for most of my listening.  

It's been a fun chain to build, and represents several years of trying new things, swapping pieces in and out.  Part of what I love about this hobby is how custom it can be.  In general, no two setups are the same, and represent a little of the personality of the owner.

Looking forward to getting to know folks around here!

Nice! 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...