IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, winzer said:

Hi,

Santa brought an Allo Usbridge :-) !

I connected it to my Denafrips Ares and to ethernet. Updated successfully to 1.59, transferred some audiofiles through samba to Sparky Memory and O!MPD plays them fine... great!

Now i like to play from my Harddisk (external 3,5" Drive with powersupply). I have it connected it to a sparky usb port but when i "update all" in O!MPD, no additional file is found - only the few in internal memory i transferred earlier. Tried an usb-stick too... no success.

What do i have to do to access files on usb-drive?

Best,

winzer

@winzer , you have to manually mount the drive /mnt/  using ssh access.

example : usb drive detected as /dev/sda1

root@DietPi:~# fdisk -l

root@DietPi:~# mkdir /mnt/usb

root@DietPi:~# mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb/

then check

Allo.com Tech. Support

1 hour ago, winzer said:

thanks rahul_kc!

i am completely new to this... i am afraid i´m missing the basics.

how do i get ssh access? and where can i type these lines?

sorry for my absolute newbie questions...

on my windows laptop i only know how to connect to the GUI 1.59.

is the somewhere a guide to learn the basics?

you can check below links for getting basic idea on SSH access. after login you need to enter the given commands

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/Dietpi_ssh_access.pdf

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9#p9

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 12/31/2017 at 4:24 AM, MrBob said:

Hi again, I’ve quoted my unanswered question from 13 December. Does USBridge support Dragonfly Red out of the box or not (if not, will it be fixed)?

Cheers

Dragonfly works with USBridge on USB 1.1 mode, need to configure the USBridge USB 1.1 mode manually by editing /DietPi/uEnv.txt aotg.aotg1_speed=1

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 12/30/2017 at 9:28 PM, latenz said:

Hi Allo.com

ok no  answer …

again...

i have a usbridge connected to lks004 with amanero...

roon on a rock —connected to a nas ...

now i have someone serious problems…

1. from time to time usbridge is loosing the network connection...

2. you send me a ethernet —usb adapter...great... and thanks but it is not working...

3. i can not connect to SharePoint (AirPlay) 

4. no native dsd

5. only dsd128 over Dop ...

so its quite disapointing ater 5 month

please share your email id , Allo support team will contact you.

Allo.com Tech. Support

21 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I was trying to solve my "noise output" issue and I have performed a full flash as suggested by allo.com with a fresh v159 image. By looking to this thread, I have also forced USB 1.1 mode.

Right now, I can stream music from Audirvana BUT as soon as I seek into the track, music stops. Audirvana is in limbo as dietpi web gui. DietPI becomes unresponsive. No way to get something back. I have to remove USBridge power cord and force stop Audirvana who is waiting for dietpi...

It happens with or without resampling to native DAC spec. It does NOT happen with 16/44.1 tracks !? All these are playing flawlessly when Audirvana is hooked directly into the DAC.

I am still with my USBrick :(

Any advice, support? Thank you!

@JohnD

please update to latest kernel and check.  did you connected USBridge onboard ethernet  or wifi ?

ssh login , update kernel

root@DietPi:~#wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dragon_fly_check/uImage -O /boot/uImage

root@DietPi:~#sync

root@DietPi:~#reboot

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 5 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, ambre said:

Thanks PunkRiot, 

I am a layman in this area and........ I do not really know how this works.  Can you access this also from the Allo GUI B|?

IMO USB 2.0 is the present standard for USB DAC incl streaming !  Why is this not set by default?

Regards, Andreas

Hi @ambre

you can download dietpi v6.1 Image from  https://goo.gl/VNs6yg

On this aotg.aotg1_speed value set to 0 always by default.

I have asked the linux commands results for checking the hardware.

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 06/02/2018 at 5:11 PM, PunkRiot said:

1. Yes it works pretty well. No DSD native. 

2. I prefer simple solutions. No iUSB3. Feed USBride using LPSU, if you want you can also use IFI as separate power for SParky board. (You will have to open Jumper 28 in case of dual power supply). Use battery or LPSU for Project DAC.

3. I use DietPi with Allo GUI. Easy setup.

4. It is always worth to remove your computer from acoustic treated room. I am not sure if it will improve SQ, however the whole setup will be smaller, easier, and dead silent. (not sure if you computer is fan-less now). 

Hi  @PunkRiot

USBridge driver modified to support  Native DSD on Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC.

details available on below link.

https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/pro-ject-s2

Allo.com Tech. Support

1 hour ago, volpone said:

Hi, i'm in Europe (France) and Sphinx 2mm heat sink pad you recommend is not currently available.

https://www.amazon.com/SPHINX-100x100x2-Heatsink-Conductive-electronics/dp/B01A9RHAH4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1517568672&sr=8-6&keywords=silicone+heat+sink+pad

Any alternative available to order in Europe with good thermal conductivity  ?
Current thermal "white" pad used in my USBridge "out of the box" is quite good,  temp is only 39/40°C idle with alu case. So, if needed after disassembling SBC to reflash eMMC,  i would like to replace it with equivalent quality pad.

Thank's.

@volpone

if you know linux commands and you have spare sd card , can flash eMMC without disassembling the box. Little care need to be taken.  refer below document.

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/sparky_built-in_emmc_flash_from sd.pdf

Allo.com Tech. Support

19 hours ago, volpone said:

Hi @rahul_kc, very interested in your to document on how to update SPARKY eMMC (DietPi V6 from v159) without alu case disassembly.

Could you please guide me towards any Sparky Linux version to be installed on SD card first (step 1 on your doc) ?

Thank's.

you can do it from sparky Dietpi image , flash it first to the SD card and boot from the SD card. Then follow the steps.

Allo.com Tech. Support

48 minutes ago, ambre said:

Hallo Rahul,

I have update via SSH standard version of DietPi 6.1 to 6.2  (on EMMC-card).

What to do with selection usb-day-1.1 or 2.0 if you update by means of SSH resp. terminal mode?

Is default USB setting in terminal mode 2.0 ?

Very best regards, Andreas

Hi @ambre 

v6.2 by default USB configuration is 2.0 

I think your dac is correctly detected. bcz of this only you able to play DSD128.

usb 1.1 dac selection required only for Dargonfly red or other similar USB 1.1 dac models.

Now this selection option available on Allo web GUI dac selection.

On terminal dietpi-config ->audio options

Allo.com Tech. Support

6 hours ago, Goiko said:

Just updated to v6.2 (latest) no sound at all playing through HQ player and (or) J river.

On v6.1 before update HQ player was able to send music through sparky usb bridge to dac.

Tried to reboot no changes.

which Dac you are using ?

check on alsamixer -c1  , if audio is muted

Allo.com Tech. Support

3 hours ago, simis307 said:

Hi,

I have unpacked a new USBridge (w/ Volumio) and tried to get it running with my KEF X300AW. The USBridge booted and setup went smoothly. The KEFs are recognized and I can choose them in the GUI. However, there is no sound, only some cracks and pops.

I tried editing the file /boot/uenv.txt as suggested here and in Volumio forums by adding "aotg.aotg1_speed=1"

uenv.txt:

Unfortunately this didn't solve the issue. Did I miss a step?

Thanks.

check the volumio version on settings ->system

volumio 2.348 onwards only this paramter settings will work.

volumio web GUI settings->system->check updates

this GUI system update was not working , now its solved.

Allo.com Tech. Support

18 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Thank you

20 hours ago, hal9000 said:

Hi,

last week i received my USBridge with dietpi. My playback chain is as follows:

Roon Core --> HQPlayer --> USBridge (NAA) --> T+A DAC8 DSD

PCM works just fine up to 384khz, sounding significantly better than my previous pc-solution, but there is no way to play native or upsampled dsd content. I guess this is because the usbridge doesn't know about the dsd capabilities of the dac:

root@USBridgeWZ:~# cat /proc/asound/card1/stream*
T+A elektroakustik DAC 8 DSD HD-Audio at usb-aotg_hcd.1-1.1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us

any ideas? Maybe a dietpi kernel problem?

Hi refer our PM , your DAC id is listing  2ab6:0001

and not listing the Altset 2.

we have added few more dsd native DACs  support on USBridge.

driver available on below link.

https://github.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/tree/master/dsd-marantz

Denon DA-300USB

Marantz HD-DAC1

Marantz SA-14S1

TEAC UD-501/UD-503/NT-503

Esoteric D-05X

T+A DAC8DSD-V2.0

please test and update

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jbparrish said:

To anyone with Audirvana + or JRiver experience:

I cannot get the GMRender end point to work right. I can start a track, and then continue to the next track. But if I pause, stop, and try to start another album it hangs. By that I mean Audirvana hangs for several minutes and finally says "error starting device playback". DietPi looks Ok, but in order to sort things out I have reboot DietPi and restart Audirvana, then I can play another track. Same thing essentially with JRiver.

Any ideas on what I am missing here?

which version dietpi using ?

I have posted One PM to understand more info on the setup.

Allo.com Tech. Support

21 minutes ago, volpone said:

Hi @rahul_kc , @allo.com
Patched SPARKY kernel supporting native DSD with Amanero USB receiver (Combo 384) available from last released DietPi version (6.4) ?

If not , is it planned for next DietPi release ? Dan Knight is aware ?  

Thank you.

the new changes  (Combo384 new id addition , marantz dac dsd native) addition requested to DAN for adding it in coming releases.

Allo.com Tech. Support

53 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @Allo @allo.com @ALLOaudio

I tried to update via dietpi-update but it says my version (159) is obsolete and I cannot update.

Can you please advise how I can update to the latest version?

I would also like to factory reset it so that I can access web GUI because [email protected] /  allo doesn't work for username / login.

It says login failed. I may have disabled web GUI a couple of months ago accidentally and changed some other settings but I'd like to reset the DietPi image, as if I just got the USBridge brand new.

Can you kindly share instructions.

Cheers!

Hi @Em2016

you have to re-flash the image for latest version. v159 update not possible.

http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

Allo.com Tech. Support

14 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Thanks Rahul! Very helpful.

Can you please add this to the Allo Website under USBridge or ask DietPi to add a USBridge section.

The link is deep inside the DietPi website. Hopefully they can make it as easy to reach as the Sparky image - just in future

Really appreciate your super fast support.

download information available on Allo website

image.thumb.png.feafd1ef89c3833efcafcd2e54febee8.png

Allo.com Tech. Support

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Dear @rahul_kc

That's really outdated information.

There is no instruction how to update from older versions !  Namely that you have to re-flash to  V 6.0 due to the fact that a system update from v159  and older isn't not possible at all.  Ps,. The Webpages/ links last updated by Fourdee dated  30-09-2017 etc...o.O

Stated recently on  HQplayer Network Audio Adapter forum and referring to my earlier posts /questions to Allo.

IMO Allo is extremely slow, very reluctant to give help or respond to customer questions on this CA forum and Roon Community.

The support and software is too cumbersome and responsiveness a way too slow. The software is too much tinkering and certainly not customer-friendly. :S

This is also due to the multitude of updates that I have had to install during the last 3-4 months. Started with version 156 and already on 6.4.   These successive updates  were certainly not error-free and hardly doable for non Linux experts.

In addition, it all takes up too much time that you can use better to listen to music than to find out how to re-flash and install an EMMC card.  In addition, the current documentation is absolutely inadequate.  That is a missed opportunity and makes it less fun that the aforementioned childhood diseases have not yet been adequately remedied. Come on Allo this can be many times better........

Despite my complaints, the Allo UsBridge is a great device when it is finally set up properly. And it gives a very good USB signal in combination with the Uptone Regen and a Sbooster LPS together with the standard SMPS.  

The webpage updating by Dan, the download link is same always. Only the latest version OS updating on the same download  link. 

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, feline said:

ok thank you

14 hours ago, feline said:

Can I replace volumio with dietpi?  If yes, is there a guide.

Thank you

you need to re-flash with Dietpi OS image.

allo web GUI Image available on

http://dietpi.com/downloads/images/DietPi_SparkySBC-ARMv7-Stretch_AlloGUI.7z

https://github.com/sparkysbc/sparky_linux_images/blob/master/sparky_eMMC-002.pdf

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8869

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, bassivus said:

Hello,

I have recently purchased USBridge from audiophonics and I'm a complete newbie to DietPi and stuff. I've managed to get all up and running but can't get DSD to play with USBridge. I'm running DietPi 6.7 with roonbridge feeding UStars DAC AK4497 with Xmos. I have successfully tested this DAC playing DSD files with win drivers on my desktop computer where is my roon core. However when connected to USBridge roon doesnt see DSD capabilites for DAC. I was doing some reading and if I get it right I should apply some kernel patch to enable DSD for Xmos. But when I run USB ID I get this - see attachement. Where should I look further to make this work?

USB ID.jpg

This ID not in the current driver.

please share the result of cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0

Allo.com Tech. Support