IGNORED

Liquid Conductors in your Interconnect Cables

I have a pair of Teo Splash Rc inter-connects between my Meitner DAC and Audio Valve Eclipse pre-amp, and a pair of Teo Standards between my pre-amp and a pair of PS Audio BHK 300 mono blocks, and are easily the most impressive cables I have ever tried. The definition is all there, incredible sound stage, speed... everything you'd want in a cable.

You can audition them in your own system as they come with a 30-day return guarantee if you're not 100% impressed. I would encourage you to give them a listen and report back...

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

No. They are made of metal just like every other cable. Electrically the only difference between metals is their conductivity. Liquid gallium alloys have a conductivity less than 10% of copper. I see no benefit in this contraption, only dangers from the corrosive nature of gallium.

Understood, but what you *think* is very different from actual experience, so I wonder how your contributions here are of value. Till you've actually listened to them, I think we got your point that's based on zero actual listening. Move on.

1 minute ago, jabbr said:

Hey we know that liquids are different than solids. How is this tied to the conduction of audio signals? That physics.

Yah, it's different - Ken can likely explain if he's around and you're genuinely interested.

In the end, I think forums are valuable when people are providing constructive feedback based on actual experience. It's frustrating when so many offer negative commentary yet zero actual experience with the product being discussed.

I've listened, and the results are exemplary. Liquid or not, they are worth giving a listen IMHO.

1 minute ago, Blueshound24 said:

I still use them but I think the fluid is gone but they sound ok.

Awesome.

With Teo, if the liquid is gone then you won't hear anything as they truly are the conductor inside the jacket.

I've not heard of their cables leaking - maybe someone has experience with that?

So the other day, I saw an add for Bentley - I've never driven one, but the leather is too firm and the handling in the corners is kinda lame. Based on what I think I know about Bentley, I wouldn't buy one. God forbid if I actually sat in one and gave it a test drive!   :D

You guys are right - foolish me to comment on how something sounds on an audio forum. I need to learn to listen to music with the volume turned off and just read the liner notes on how the recording was made to pass judgement on how the album sounds.

2 hours ago, GrahamJohnMiles said:

Those who have heard them, including myself, do not need to convince others of their capability. Those who have not heard them are not qualified to pass judgement. Time to move on folks, and probably time for me to find another forum where people enjoy music.

+1

2 hours ago, mansr said:

Why don't they just say so instead of all that nonsensical technobabble? Not that this notion stands up to scrutiny either.

Oh boy... like I said earlier, the designer is a technical genius and is describing why and how they work. If you don't accept it, move on...

Just now, mansr said:

Although he has a remarkable ability to randomly string together sciency words, I wouldn't say that qualifies him as a genius, let alone a technical one.

Ah, so you've met him and listened to his products and concluded this on your own?

Just now, mansr said:

I've read his website.

And from this you've concluded that you're an expert and he's a chump. Amazing... 

Where is your website and products so we can see what true genius sounds like my friend?

1 minute ago, Speedskater said:

If they sound different, then someone needs to find out what is wrong with them.

Have you listened to them? No? Oh, then move on... you are judging an audio component without having heard how they perform... bizarre...

10 minutes ago, mansr said:

No, I concluded that the website is full of meaningless technobabble. He might still be a genius, but proof of that would have to come from elsewhere.

And as many of us have pointed out, the cables sound fabulous.

Why don't you give them a listen since this is an "Audiophile" forum my friend. *Audio* typically means listening...

If you just want to stick to quoting specs, I would encourage you to find an electrical engineering forum somewhere and impress them with your knowledge.

Just now, Ralf11 said:

most likely because it is not worth his time (plus, they may not honor the refund terms)

They always do! Well, they wouldn't keep their PayPal merchant account very long if they cheated their clients.

1 minute ago, Ralf11 said:

maybe the guy is a genius but cannot write sentences in English (?) -- or afford someone who can

LOL! I don't disagree with you there! LOL Sometimes brilliant people operate on their own level which isn't consistent with the general population.

2 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

now, who are you bumperdoo?  any relationship with the cable maker?

Super happy customer of theirs - own a pair of Splash Ref C and a pair of Standards. Upgraded the Game Changers to the Splash initially. GCs blew me away, Splash took it to another level so I made the jump.

Splash between my Meitner MA-1 DAC and Audio Valve Eclipse pre-amp. Standards between the pre and a pair of BHK 300s.

14 hours ago, djd said:

Did all that .. Cost me $50 k 

Can you describe your current setup in detail?

14 hours ago, djd said:

So spending $ 650 on a game changer seems a bargain .

I'd totally concur.

In my experience, assuming your components work together, tweaking can deliver terrific results. Even simple things like moving the speakers in the listening space. Distance between front wall and speakers can play a critical role in what you hear.

I know in our setup, moving the speakers even as little as 6" closer or further away from the front wall changes the sound.

Something else to look at is the power you are providing to your system - and for those that believe power plays zero role, that is fine, but some of us have had great results addressing the power side of the audio equation. If you can run a dedicated circuit back to your main panel, give that a try - it's a cost effective approach. Some Romex and a separate breaker in the panel might cost you $30 to $50 bucks depending on the length of the run.

I've seen systems that on power-up will dim the lights in the room. I ask "I'm guessing you are sharing a circuit with a number of other things in your house?" It's worth a try @djd

I'd also try different speaker wire - the difference is more apparent than many would have you believe.

You may have a wicked system, just needs some tweaking to really make the music come alive.

To those on the forum that are going to jump all over me - remember, he's looking for ideas on what to try. If you don't believe in power, cables, etc. that is fine, but many of us have had great results paying attention to these aspects of a system so keep an open mind. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, djd said:

Source is tt. Or mytek dsd dac . 

MacBook Pro/ firewire and roon / files on 2tb drive usb3.

I'm assuming you mean USB between your MacBook Pro and the Mytek DAC, not firewire, correct?

4 minutes ago, djd said:

I did have a separate line in a previous set up / moved 

Those Mac components are likely power hungry and may benefit from a dedicated circuit?

On the MacBook Pro, have you checked your Audio MIDI Setup in the Utilities folder? I've found that unless your master volume for the USB device is set to 100, you will get crap sound. Lets start there - you have awesome components, I wouldn't dream of having to replace them. We'll get them singing no doubt... 

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 4.29.49 PM.png