IGNORED

Amir at ASR claims Uptone won't sell the ISO regen to him...

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I agree, measurements posted by manufacturers would be good. I don't think everyone would believe those measurements though. 

Perhaps a technical editor could be used before publishing potentially damaging claims. 

That's true, I don't think everyone would believe them because they can't take their bias out.  That said a manufacture such as UpTone says some very contradicting things.  They started building the REGEN and sold thousands and after I and others asked about measurements the statement from Alex and John was that there isn't any equipment available to measure it and John would build something to do so.  Well, sorry but if that's really the case then the next project should've been to build it and have it peer reviewed (after a patent) before the ISO REGEN and which they then have created a standard for.  Further, showing an "eye pattern" without any sort of technical description of the "what" and "why" is pretty much useless not to mention the constant bashing of how to measure anything.  I simply ask the question of how did anything get designed if it's so hard to measure anything since the equipment isn't available?  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

14 hours ago, jtwrace said:

That's true, I don't think everyone would believe them because they can't take their bias out.  That said a manufacture such as UpTone says some very contradicting things.  They started building the REGEN and sold thousands and after I and others asked about measurements the statement from Alex and John was that there isn't any equipment available to measure it and John would build something to do so.  Well, sorry but if that's really the case then the next project should've been to build it and have it peer reviewed (after a patent) before the ISO REGEN and which they then have created a standard for.  Further, showing an "eye pattern" without any sort of technical description of the "what" and "why" is pretty much useless not to mention the constant bashing of how to measure anything.  I simply ask the question of how did anything get designed if it's so hard to measure anything since the equipment isn't available?  

4 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Duh, that's what he has been saying thru dozens of post, re-posts, quotes, re-quotes, til I'm sick of reading the same simple, straightforward listening report over and over and over again !

And in most cases it was repeated due to some 'questioner' with IMHO a less then honorable agenda :(

I'm not saying that is you. maybe you are just catching up with a thread I've watched since the beginning, but, it does give me pause...

It is what it is. move on...

It would've certainly been better to do what I mentioned above but since that is being ignored by @Superdad @JohnSwenson I guess it will continue to go on the merry-go-around with purely subjective views.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

2 minutes ago, Daudio said:

Yes, as it should be, since they are the only relevant measure of a device intended for use by human ears.

Get used to it !

Look over the content of the CA forums, and you'll find the majority of posts are listening reports, listening comparisons, guesses as to how various gear combinations might sound, requests for listener opinions, and so on. Measurements are few and far between ! With all the aggressively vocal 'objectivists' here on CA you might think it would be different, but no. And most of the DIY measurements I have seen here were, to be kind, lame :( And when pinned to the wall, as has happened in this thread, their arguments generally fall away like chaff from the wheat.

I have no problem with technical measurements. There are absolutely necessary, but are only part of the tool kit. I have a big problem with people who think that they are the only tool.

I respect them as much as I would respect a man who went into a machine gun fight armed only with a sword. Some may applaud his bravery. I only see a dead fool...

CA is rife with misunderstanding and myths about human hearing, and thus does a disservice to all audiophiles. Jud's long post a little ways back is a case in point. He in some ways acts as a kind of a Computer Audiophile institutional memory, which is really great, but... I don't have time to go into detail now, but that post was laden with myths and misapprehensions that have built up over time here with the eager assistance of the bully boys of the extreme 'objectionist' faction. Not exactly a free exchange of ideas :(

So please cut out this ridiculous dismissal of the power of human hearing. It only makes you less smart :(

P.S. this is not just for @jtwrace, but for everyone who thinks listening reports are useless (and you know who you are)

The study that I have from Harman on this is quite amazing but again nearly all people here would pass it off since it's science based. 9_9 

16 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

Please share. 

It's not for public consumption just yet.  

You can certainly go to Harman like I did though.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149780.0

1 minute ago, firedog said:

I really like Harman's work. They are one of the ew actors in the industry doing real listening tests and trying to understanding how we perceive what we hear.

In fact, now that you mention it, I think one of the places I read about listeners preferring the sound of more jitter in playback was in a Hartman report about testing they'd done. Maybe I can find it.

All I can say is if you ever have the chance to do what I did do it.  Of course you don't have to do the buying part.  :P

On 6/5/2017 at 7:15 PM, jtwrace said:

2 minutes ago, lmitche said:

You are being too logical.  This is simple.  

Why would someone who feels he was beaten up, go back to the same place for another beating? I wouldn't, nor do I expect Alex to do the same. There is nothing to be gained.

Once again, see above which has been ignored by @JohnSwenson @Superdad  That tells me a lot.  

18 minutes ago, rb2013 said:

And JKenny now has a host of competing products to Alex's.  The Ciunas ISO HUB and ISO SPDIF, ISO DAC.  Posted about these on my USAM thread.  

Using the same Silanna GI chip but with a different PS configuration.  So maybe he is front running Amir there, from testing his new USB gizmos.

Note the interesting comment by Jkenny on his LiPo battery PS:

http://www.ciunas.biz/?utm_campaign=a9ab6ba12d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_03_01&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Daily%2BBlog%2Bof%2Bmy%2BNews&utm_term=0_7ccdad00ed-a9ab6ba12d-39550633

Has he shown any measurements of his stuff?