IGNORED

Article: The Music In Me: Rap of History Backwards The

14 hours ago, DaQi said:

Ha ha, I think you are all wrong. Rap was invented two thousand years ago in China. When I lived in China I encountered a traditional style of music where the performer uses clappers to create a beat box style of rhythm and then proceeds to rap to it. Particularly popular in Shandong province this has been around for two thousand years. Not sure how it made the jump to become an African American protest music in the early 70s.

Wu Tang Clan?

2 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

Sure. As soon you all let DRB100 have his own opinion without being told he is wrong.

It is not that his opinions are wrong, it is the premises that his opinions are drawn from.

ANd I don't like rap either - but I recognize it's truth, it's innovation, and the great sound tracks done by Chuck D.

1 hour ago, DRB100 said:

Ummm.  Really? OK.. Example?  

Are you a native English speaker?  Or have reading difficulties?

Here is my post again:

"Ebonics has some superior abilities over std. English - e.g the ability to indicate a state of being, which English lacks."

The term e.g. means (in English) "example given".  That is ("i.e.") the example is given right after the term e.g.

You can use Google to help you find some statements by linguists on the abilities of Ebonics, and what a "state of being" is in a language.  

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, DRB100 said:

Th music or the lyrics?   You know, some of are listening to the music, and not the lyrics.   

Dirty?  Well, that's YOUR opinion.  And what do YOU recommend?    Let's see where your musical tastes are.     I know some of the really early stuff was pretty nasty, but I don't listen to those recordings.  The more popular blues stuff didn't have vastly language.  it might have had some metaphors, but any adult would take that with a grain of salt.   But the foul language rap is just disgusting crap far worse than the blues I've listened to. But I also focused mostly on the playing, not the lyrics.  I would rather listen to the guitarist play a great solo and great swing/feel to the rhythm.

But it sounds like you just don't know what to listen for.  You haven't displayed anything other than putting things down with not much substance behind it.  So I don't know where you're coming from.

chill the personal attacks drubbie

for you, I recommend punk and funk

to loosen you up

• 2 weeks later...