IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

So far I am loving my ISO Regen + LPS-1 combo. The overall smoothness and extra information I can now listen is amazing. And that is coming from a regular Regen I had before. The upgrade was well worth it.

What I have found is that with the ISO Regen my Win10 PC is having more issues to detect my Calyx DAC when first playing. When it does not detect I have to disconnect and reconnect the DC power cable into the ISO Regen and then Windows finds the DAC. After that it plays for hours without issues. Small bother but still the sound quality alone is well worth it.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

• 2 months later...

@Superdad

After a few months with my ISO Regen I definitely find it a lot more sensitive than the USB Regen. I leave the ISO Regen on during the day, and at night I turn the DAC and amps on, most times the DAC is not found  by Win10. Even when it is, there is some popping and clicking going on. I have then to power the ISO Regen off and on, then it works. And I think I may be hearing some clicking sometimes, or maybe I have gone crazy. It is really this sensitive?

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

On 18/09/2017 at 9:32 PM, Matias said:

@Superdad

After a few months with my ISO Regen I definitely find it a lot more sensitive than the USB Regen. I leave the ISO Regen on during the day, and at night I turn the DAC and amps on, most times the DAC is not found  by Win10. Even when it is, there is some popping and clicking going on. I have then to power the ISO Regen off and on, then it works. And I think I may be hearing some clicking sometimes, or maybe I have gone crazy. It is really this sensitive?

@Superdad did you see my post above?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BWeaveit said:

Not yet.  The goal is complete isolation so I like the idea of a simple 6-cell pack of Eneloop AAs (NiMH) yielding 7.2 volts.  I've got plenty of them lying around already.  I can attempt this because I know the load of my DAC is light as seen from the 5V USB input.  My DAC is the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse.

Read my test below:

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anyone have experience with an ISO Regen after the opticalRendu? Does it further improve its performance?

• 1 month later...