IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

@vortecjr will the ultrarendu, you allow Spotify Connect via Librespot. 

I am not familiar with Librespot. Does it degrade sampling rates? should we expect lower SQ by going through Librespot? 

While this may not be an immediate concern, I still expect Spotify to go lossless this year and so I'd like to understand if there are any trade-offs for Spotify Connect to be used via Librespot.

Thank you

12 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Librespot is an open source implementation of the Spotify Connect protocol. When you run the Spotify app (computer, phone, iPad, etc) it will see the microRendu's ability to do Spotify Connect and will let you connect to it. From that point on, your Spotify in your device becomes a remote to the microRendu, but the streaming connection is done between the microRendu and Spotify servers directly, not via your phone. There should be no degradation of quality (i.e. you should be able to stream at 320kbps). One catch is you must have Spotify Premium to use Spotify Connect, I don't think it is available for free accounts.

Thanks lot! I have a premium account so all good. Just wanted to ensure there would be no loss of quality due to Librespot. 

Hi Jesus, many thanks for this info.

Is there going to be any changes re internal clock?

The changes you indicate as of now seem rather at the "margin" but I'm probably wrong :)

Without releasing any trade secrets, could you kindly give us a bit more as to why/how the SQ may improve over the microrendu? I'm not sure I understand at this point what upgrades are to be expected that will result in enhanced SQ.

I'm thrilled to have been enlightened in such a nice way.

You know Jesus, you may be cynical about it, it's your right - but there was zero ill intention in my question aside from getting a *little* more understanding as to the foreseen changes. Oh well.

• 4 weeks later...