IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

56 minutes ago, bigblue said:

Darko hands out 8/10 to the UltraRendu. Thats great. Has any one read what product he's given a 9 or 10?

Darko wrote:  "The numbering system used here is crude but, as we shall see, is included to highlight the magnitude of performance deltas between the two Sonore devices and not their absolute performance."

So no, theee numbers weren't offered to allow a comparison of absolute performance relative to other devices.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• vortecjr featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, flummoxe said:

I currently have a microRendu + LPS-1 feeding a Chord TT with Roon.

I'm in a position to make an upgrade, but only one of the below at the moment. Therefore which will provide the biggest bang for my buck?

1 - replace the microRendu with the ultraRendu

2 - add an ISO Regen + LPS-1 

I also have a Chord Hugo TT.  You ask a very good question.  I've yet to hear the ultraRendu, but what I can offer is that both the ISO REGEN and the 1.4 update for the microRendu deliver a really good value for the dollar.  I think the same would be true of the ultraRendu.

Instead of considering bang for buck, I think you should consider instead which would be the better move strategically.  I'd probably be more inclined to go with the ultraRendu as you can always add the ISO REGEN later if others start reporting that there is an advantage to doing so.  I don't believe there's a consensus on that yet.  The ultraRendu should be a nice upgrade from the microRendu (1.3).  

I'm thinking of trying an ultraRendu by the end of the year.  I'll then decide if it's also worth keeping the ISO REGEN.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 10 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, barrows said:

@soares, With Chord DACs (except for DAVE) I would recommend feeding them PCM rather than DSD.  

This is what I doing via Roon into my Hugo TT.  I did so to avoid the occasional dropouts that would occur when playing DSD.  I couldn’t spot any obvious degradation.  DSD source material sounds fabulous.