IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

I'm a little concerned that coupling the ultraRendu and the LPS-1 together will result in heat issues. 

Or is this no concern?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 hours ago, mikicasellas said:

Most of us are very interested, but i believe i speak for my self and no doubt for so many others that would like to know more clearly about these details in order to be more interested ;)

It is possible to wait till the unit comes out and other people can test it for you under the scenario you want. It isn't obligatory to get one of the first batch...it may even be an advantage not to be in the first batch.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

14 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

What is price on the custom front faceplate ?

Can you reveal any of technical info of the used components ?

• High quality ultra low noise regulator for USB and CPU
  • Fixed frequency ultra low jitter oscillators
  • Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM

I don't think any of these answers are going to be available till shortly before product release, at the earliest. I doubt too many details of the parts will be publicized either.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Dev said:

When can we expect more details on the differences ? Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

I don't think we are going to get many beyond what John and Jesus have already said. 

I imagine they aren't in the business of helping their competitors.

Beyond that, if I were a manufacturer, I would give lots of detail, as many silly audiophiles decide what a component sounds like based on a parts list, without hearing it.

39 minutes ago, firedog said:

I don't think we are going to get many beyond what John and Jesus have already said. 

I imagine they aren't in the business of helping their competitors.

Beyond that, if I were a manufacturer, I would give lots of detail, as many silly audiophiles decide what a component sounds like based on a parts list, without hearing it.

I actually meant to write, I Wouldn't give lots of details. There are silly audiophiles that will see a certain part, and decide that the device CAN'T sound good with that part inside, just based on what's written on paper.

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We have to work on your signature:)

Jesus, I'll be very happy if you work on the ultra for Jason, as the requested, and leave the demo Signature for meB|...

3 hours ago, Al Jones said:

If you've been on the fence about the Ultra, it's time to climb down and take the plunge.

Or get the Signature...:D

BTW, find it interesting you think the IsoRegen doesn't add anything to the Ultra. Would like to hear other ultra owners chime in on that comparison.

3 hours ago, Kilauea50 said:

I have the LPS-1 connected to the IsoRegen and, right now, I am using the Mean Well with the uR.  Should I change this?  

AC's to Uptone, that's the recommended configuration.

• vortecjr featured and unfeatured this topic
12 hours ago, vortecjr said:

I didn't think this was right and so I emailed John to get his take.

John says,

"I would not say it is recommended. In my system putting an ISO REGEN after the ultraRendu does not improve anything at all, so for me I would put the LPS-1 on the ultraRendu and go to the DAC.

If someone REALLY wants to put the ISO REGEN after ultraRendu then the LPS-1 should definitely be driving the ISO REGEN. If the only other power supply you have is the mean well, I would also try a Y cable so the LPS-1 can drive both and compare that with the mean well on the ultraRendu."

Sorry for the confusion. I got an answer from Alex about the mR and the ISORegen, and he definitely recommended using the LPS-1 with the ISO, and if you only have a lesser PS, using that one with the mR.  In other words, ISO closest to DAC, powered by LPS-1 in this setup. I assumed the same applied to the uR. 

That's what I get for assuming....

30 minutes ago, rickca said:

Yes, that's it.  It's available on Qobuz, not sure about TIDAL.

I'm listening to it now on Tidal

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, t_ram said:

It's hard to believe that no one has shared any comments on the differences between 1.4 upgrade and the ultra by now. 

No, not at all. Both products are new. How many people do you think already have both? I doubt there are more than a few who order both,  or who both upgrade a 1.3 and also buy an ultra. 

Most people who want an upgrade will get one or the other, not both.

• 2 months later...

I'm running Roon server on a powerful PC that is functioning as a NAS (not set up like a NAS, but like a minimal Windows installation). 

Both of your scenarios should work; I personally would connect the computer with my library and Roon via ethernet.Will just work more reliably and faster than wireless.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, jaaptina said:

Can you connect an ultraRendu to a power amp with only a a Dragonfly dac in between? 

I've built a 8 Watt Pass ACA power amp. Now using a Yamaha wxc-50 as streamer/dac/pre. To my surprise it doesn't sound any better as connecting my laptop directly to the power amp. 

A Dragonfly dac between laptop and power amp would improve the sound. 

But I'd also like to hear how my ultraRendu sounds with the ACA. Therefore my question... 

Other suggestions are welcome too! 

Two issues:
the ultra is Linux based - can the Dragonfly work with a Linux source? It doesn't seem to have the spec, but I've never tried it. 

The DF is designed to connect to a PC/phone USB port and receive audio + power. It doesn't have the right connector for the ultra (although you could probably patch something together), and I'd guess the ultra isn't designed to be powering something like the DF from it's low noise USB out.  That's something you'd need to verify one way or the other. 

You'd probably need to get a similar small DAC that is designed to be used with a more "traditional"  DAC role in an audio setup, so it will match the setup of the Ultra. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, EduZ said:

Hi guys,

Is there some incompatibility or error to use UR with HQPlayer as NAA (Roon and HQPlayer are installed on NUC-Windows 10) connected on T+A DAC 8 DSD ?

Today I have using ifi iDSD Black DAC running with no problem.

I answered in the other thread. The DAC doesn’t have a driver for Linux. It works up to PCM 384 and DSD 128 with a Linux UAC2 compliant device. 

9 hours ago, Vangelis said:

Guess I can’t hide ignorance of several concepts here apparently available via Sonicorbiter. What is LMS?  How do I install the Radio Paradise FLAC streaming plug-in on the UltraRendu? really like the idea of have control of my Radio Paradise account. 

The plugin for LMS works great. It's also available in the Radio section of Roon.

10 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Can you show the setup?

You go to: LMS>Settings>Plugins

Radio Paradise is listed. Just click the box and restart LMS. It will show up as an app from the main menu.