IGNORED

Article: Stability and Performance from Access Networks

HI Shawn - I completely understand. The network I own is quite a bit less expensive, but it's not as stable and fast as the 'Access' network. The components in this review aren't the top of the line by any measure, but they are also no where near the bottom. It can take some skill to design the correct package for each use case.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

9 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

Chris, while the details or debate belong elsewhere my question to you is whether, other than reliability, did you experience any benefits, especially sound quality gains from this equipment? 

I heard nothing different between this and a $100 network. By nothing different, I mean there was no difference in soundstage, bass, treble, etc... what most people would discuss when talking about sound quality. I've never heard a difference between routers, switches, or NICs. I don't see how a difference could exist, but I don't discount the experience of others. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Speaking of open networks, I recently added a Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender to my house. It routes communication over my regular network and internet. This device is open to all Verizon users within its range. There is no way to lock it down. I can't wait until someone does something illegal through it and I get the letter in the mail to appear in court. Yes, it's my IP address, but but but ... as I'm hauled off in handcuffs :~)

9 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

Chris, great article.  In the novel 1984, Big Brother forced

citizens to live in a connected dwelling.  In 2017, citizens are inviting audio and video surveillance into their homes.  The mind boggles.

Most participating in this discussion will have strong passwords and, hopefully, other security features activated.   

I, for one, will never have a connected bathroom scale, you never know who will hack your scale!

OMG, I just figured out why the number on the scale is so high when I step on it. I've been hacked :~)

12 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

God knows what the hackers have done to your refrigerator.  

It may have increased your standing ice cream order by X2!!!!

7 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Yah, sure....  mine is getting higher but I can guarantee it has NOT been hacked!  Welcome to the club.  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

The Russians are after us.

To some a $100 DAC is outrageous, considering one can be purchased for $10. 

I hope you read the article and considered the use case. So.e people want something better than an AirPort express and they have no interest in researching and setting stuff up themselves. 

I don't really follow your logic about CA, but that's ok. You may be mad about the $100 network device that's on my desk at home right now, that I plan to write about upon my return from the Munich show, because one can be had for 1/3 the price.