IGNORED

which quality USB cable to consider?

What a shame this thread died because of a difference in experiences.

If you do not hear a difference between USB cables then you are lucky as you get to save your money.  That is valid advice for the thread originator.

If you do hear a difference then the cable that gave you that experience is what you would recommend to the thread originator.  That is also valid advice.

It is up to the thread originator as to which advice he/she wishes to take.

Flaming other posters is no help to the original question posed in this thread and sponsors disharmony which is in no ones interest.

PS*  Unfortunately (for my wallet) I do hear differences and recommend Curious Cables as the one that gives me the best experience. 9_9

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2017 at 7:01 AM, agladstone said:

The Cardas Highspeed 2.0 USB Cable is by far the best I've used (I've tried the Curious, the Audioquest Chocolate and Carbon, the Pangea Premier XL, The Shunyata Venom, and Wirewold Silver). 

The Cardas Highspeed 2.0 USB splits the data and the power into their own separate cables and they only meet at the connectors, this really helps!

Can you give us a clue as to what it does better than the other cables? If I compared the Curious cable to the Cardas cable, what differences would I expect to hear based on your observations.  Nominating your signal chain to the  DAC would also help put this into context.

1 hour ago, Ralf11 said:

the 10k was on another thread and was jabbr's estimate for the costs of running an experiment using human subjects (using university facilities and complaint with federal regs.)

a Loaner Lush sounds like a great idea

And an awful lot cheaper!!