IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, STC said:

I am seeing auto comment tab (in red circle)  in the "Activity" page. How is that possible?

image.thumb.png.0b8d00ca213409bd66ef2af39e427253.png

I think this happens when you post directly on someone's "wall".  Which I did to yours....  I was kinda experimenting myself so apologies if this caused confusion.  

• 1 month later...

not sure if this is related to a change this weekend, but for some reason, prior to today (for a few weeks now) my custom activity streams would hang for a few seconds before being displayed.  This made it frustrating when catching up on unread topics I follow.  It would hang when I would:

• go back using the browser's back button
  • link straight to an activity stream via browser bookmark
  • when clicking on the link for my "default activity stream" in the top right header section

For whatever reason, it is no longer "hanging".  

• 3 weeks later...

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

is it the number of banners or the amount of space they take up?

not only are there two ads but they take up the entire screen before I scroll!  I'm all for advertising and find the ads here helpful and relevant FWIW.  

edit: That's at 720p monitor resolution - shot of my entire screen.

full.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I’m looking for feedback on a feature we can enable to select moderators on a per thread basis. This would enable the OP full control over threads when it’s manually enabled on the specific thread. 

Yay? Nay? Why?

so a mod would first have to approve giving OP control of thread?  Can you give a quick example of how this flow would work?  Thanks in advance

hmmm.  that could get tricky.  But I like the idea of a more "controlled" thread.  Especially if such threads were labeled (indicating they were actively being moderated).  This may get people to think twice before posting nonsense, insults, or going off topic.  

Personally, I'd be more inclined to participate in threads knowing that no BS is allowed.  So, i guess I vote "yay". 

14 hours ago, STC said:

after receiving certain number of votes it gets hidden

good premise.  Can this be explored further with CA site?  It's interesting to say the least.

Agreement or disagreement with a post isn't the cause of grief (for me at least).  It's when things go off topic (often), resort to 'bickering' (not unusual), or devolve into personal attacks (more rare lately from what I've seen).   Some witty sarcasm is actually a good thing as it brings flavor to the read.  The challenge will be in delineating 'funny' posts from 'aggressive' ones.  Even then, not everyone reacts the same way to, say, sarcasm and may feel aggrieved.  

At the end of all this exploring, there may not be a good solution here (if we want to avoid censorship) except to have a 'report post' and have one or several mods (volunteers) respond, and do so consistently.  

• 5 months later...