IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Oh, now what about those of us running a headless Mac inside a home network dedicated to music playback from the NAS and USB/Firewire connected storage only ?

I do N O T like this kind of behaviour that an application starts talking to Mum or Dad without asking me !

I have paid my license fee for all three major release versions.
If my system is running fine I even do not follow up on every update.

Damien, this is really disappointing !

I am online with another Mac, another iPad, my iPhone, or other devices in our household.

we keep them more or less updated, because they are meant to act as multi-functional communication devices.

but we have our file-based audio system setup and optimized like in old days you would have done with your vinyl or CD based system.

and it just works flawlessly and sounds great.

don't be on the run all the times, slow down and listen to music.

don't feed the machines and loose your lifetime for ...!

Would you like your car manufacturer to check your car registration, insurance and/or service routines every 2 weeks and maybe don't let you out of your garage because it could connect to its factory ?

I paid for that Audirvana license with a valid credit card.

Am I suspiciuos for some reason because of doing so or why does the system now thinks it has the right to validate/re-evaluate my license every 2 weeks ?

or am I a potential software hacker or fraud artist by definition of a computer software user?

does digital / online world have another sort of law and legislation compared to analog / offline REAL world ?

Maybe us in old europe has different thinking, but I better look out for some alternative to A+...

Fair enough, I do respect your comment.

However I do not like to get controlled or supervised by software I have paid for. I am not into torrents and such, but if some software programmer thinks potentially all his (long year, now third product generation) customers is then I do not share this position.

6 minutes ago, Booster MPS said:

Maybe we can all just assume good intent here knowing that any computer connected to the internet by default has to interact with the internet?

You may not have read my post where I have described the way I listen to music, but actually my "computer audio" is always offline playing in a dedicated home network.

I like the convenience of accessing my library like this and it keeps my listening room clean. Sounds good, no more walls loaded with CDs, LPs and stuff.

Just like moving from physical media to file based data.

Guess I will run my Melco as a streamer more often now, not only as NAS storage. So good to have other (offline) options ...