IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

Can someone clarify whether it is possible in A+3 to upsample a decoded MQA stream? Ie say it decodes to 24/96: Can I upsample this further to 24/192 using iZotope?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

License question: I use Audirvana on three computers: my desktop (Mac Pro), laptop (MacBook Pro), and my music server (Mac mini). It seems that with A+3 licensing I can only install A+3 in two computers?

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

It already was two computers max in 2.0

(and I believe in 1.5 too)

I see... I used to not have a laptop... Ok thx, guess I will have to buy a second license.

system pics

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, anmaksh said:

How can I remove my 2nd computer from using the license?

If you really want to do that, I think the menu item Audirvana Plus > Deauthorize computer will do that. You should be able to have two machines authorized.

system pics

On 4/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, damien78 said:

The license validation must be done once every 2 weeks. So you need to connect your Mac to the Internet every two weeks.

Hi @damien78: Is there usage data transmitted or just a license verification? What happens if A+ wants to check at a moment when I don't have a connection, like on a plane, or on vacation and without a reliable connection?

system pics

14 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Hi @damien78: Is there usage data transmitted or just a license verification? What happens if A+ wants to check at a moment when I don't have a connection, like on a plane, or on vacation and without a reliable connection?

@damien78: You see, my problem is that I mostly use A+ on my laptop when I leave the house. This means often I have not used A+ until I am on the road and more often than not this means internet connections are spotty.

So in all likelihood I will bump into this on a plane or somewhere where I don't have an internet connection.

I think I'm "upgrading" back to 2.6.5! 

PS: Where's the LAME emoticon when you need it?!

PS2: I subscribe to Adobe's Lightroom, Photoshop, and Acrobat DC. Never had an issue.

system pics

12 minutes ago, win32pro said:

People who buy this kind of software are those who actually care.

This is a very niche market, where people are ready and willing to pay the money for quality and convenience.

I'm on the verge of abandoning the Audirvana altogether at this point. It is not what I want to do, but this kind of restriction is something I'm unwilling to live with.

+1

system pics

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2017 at 9:52 AM, damien78 said:

Just released 3.0.6 update that increases the license check grace period from 14 to 60 days.

Thx @damien78, I think that would work for me.

system pics

• 5 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, mevdinc said:

I don't think the problem is caused by Audirvana, it looks like the USB/Audio fix by Apple on their latest OS 10.12.5 hasn't fixed the problem for some DACs.

I suggest turning your DAC off completely for 10 seconds or so, and then turning it on. Make sure your DAC is fully on, my DAC takes a few seconds to reinitialise itself and then goes onto standby mode. Yours may just turn on and stay on.
Once your DAC is fully on and ready then Restart your computer to hopefully properly recognise your DAC.

Before starting Audirvana make sure that your DAC is fully recognised by your computer by checking the Audio Midi settings.
Set your DAC as default Output device, and also select/set the highest sample/bit rate your DAC is capable of.
Then start Audirvana + and check that A+ is displaying your DAC with all the sample rates it supports. If so you should be good to go.

Suggest you shut down the computer (ie powered off completely) as opposed to a hot restart. If the hardware is in a bad state, only a cold restart will bring everything to a clean state. 

system pics

• 2 weeks later...

@damien78 Running A+ 3.0.6 on latest OSX on a mini 2012. When I try to connect to A+ from a remote (latest A+ remote app), the mac app crashes. I've removed all linked remotes, still crashes. This happens from both my iPhone and iPad. Thx.

system pics

1 hour ago, Jud said:

My wild guess is that something may have got crossed up between the files the remote app expects and those in the Mac app's database.  You might try first deleting and reinstalling the remote app, and if that doesn't work, deleting the Mac app's database.  But that's a guess, so if you don't feel like trying it, don't. :)

Deleting the database was enough to make it work. Thx!

system pics

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Orko said:

Lately I've noticed that when I tap on a track, it loads Ike it should but there is no audio for the first 2 seconds. It only happens on the first track. The rest of the queued tracks play perfectly. Is there an easy fix for this that I'm missing?

Possibly memory caching. Once on the playlist it will cache in order. I suppose that if you skip to another song in the playlist that has not been cached yet then it would take a few seconds to play for the same reason.

system pics

18 minutes ago, Orko said:

Yes, that is exactly what happens. I was using a 2014 MacBook Pro with 8 GB RAM earlier with no issues. Now I have moved to a dedicated 2012 Mac Mini with 16 GB RAM and have started experiencing this. I would have thought that the extra RAM would ensure such things didn't occur. Is there anything I can do to correct this? 

There's a caching buffer size in the prefs. Additionally, the bandwidth and latency of access to the music files from the mini might be lower/higher (respectively). Try the buffer size first.

If you skip songs like the president tweets, nothing is gonna help you.

system pics

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, mansr said:

This calls for a C++ joke.

Geek.

system pics