IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

7 minutes ago, GregHouse said:

I also tried username = root + password = no password (blank)

Did not work.

This command sudo hqplayerd -s <username> <password> I need to run it on the virtual machine with HQPlayer Desktop/Client or on the virtual machine with HQPlayer Embedded?

This command will change the username and password of Linux? Which do I use to login into the operating system?

To start the HQPlayer Embedded I use the command hqplayerd.

The command above  would be the equivalent of systemctl start hqplayerd?

And what would be the difference between

systemctl start hqplayerd

and

systemctl enable hqplayerd

?

You're getting confused between the Linux and HQPlayer Embedded usernames and passwords.  The "sudo hqplayerd -s..." command changes the HQPlayer Embedded username and password, which is all you need.

The difference between start and enable is that the former needs to be run every time, while the latter will start up for you conveniently on every boot (as I mentioned before, at least it does this on hardware, don't know about virtual machine).

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

11 minutes ago, GregHouse said:

As the web interface and the Client have playback controls, library... has everything it needs to be a control point.

But regardless of the control point, Embedded should recognize the server.

Ignoring UPnP for the moment, does the Client see Embedded? If so, are you able to play a track using Client?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

Embedded is a UPNP renderer therefore it can be discovered by Foobar but it cannot find Foobar UPNP or any other UPNP server, that’s how UPNP works.

The UPNP server is only discovered by the control app

But BubbleUPnP should see Embedded, so the fact it doesn't in this case means there's something else going on.

56 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

As I can understand @GregHouse is perplexed by the fact that:

Foobar can find Embedded as a renderer but Embedded cannot find Foobar … 

Yes, and if you circle back to his posts you'll see he also couldn't get BubbleUPnP to work with Embedded; Miska mentioned perhaps difficulty getting through the VM NAT.

19 minutes ago, GregHouse said:

Depending of the filter that I choose, the music does not play.

Some of the filters will only play certain resolutions, and some may require more computer power than you have.

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, TheMark said:

Hello everyone, I apologize for interrupting the thread's flow, but I find HQPlayer Embedded quite daunting, and the documentation appears to be spread out. Could someone kindly direct me to a resource where a beginner like me could learn more? I've attempted to follow this thread, but it's extensive and often beyond my understanding.

Edit: is HQPlayerOS a thing of the past? I don't see it available on the Signalyst website.

May I ask then why it is that you would want to try Embedded rather than using Desktop?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Miska. I have an HQPlayer Embedded license. My main SSD is showing signs of data corruption, and out of caution I am replacing both it and the backup SSD today with new ones. The new installations will be byte-for-byte copies of the old one (as far as I can manage to do that), but the hardware will have changed. I have the Embedded license key file. Is there anything I need to do other than run Embedded as usual on the new main SSD?

5 hours ago, Miska said:

But you may already have all the necessary bits and pieces in place depending on how old your backup is.

I back up often, so everything worked well. Thanks!