IGNORED

Server build based on Kaby Lake for HQPlayer and possibly Roon

mirekti

21 hours ago, chauphuong said:

A bit off the topic, so the PSU in the link produces little noise (how little?) then can work well for audio, right?  Any comparison with HDPLex? Thanks

That's a switching power supply, not linear.  It also has a fan.  I'd get the HDPlex LPSU over that one.  There are also better options than the HDPlex.  Depends how much you want to spend.

2 hours ago, Johnseye said:

That's a switching power supply, not linear.  It also has a fan.  I'd get the HDPlex LPSU over that one.  There are also better options than the HDPlex.  Depends how much you want to spend.

I knew it was not a LPSU, hence the question.

• 4 months later...

Just to give a quick update on this as I received the DAC which is DSD512 capable. 

I am able to upsample CD quality to poly-sinc-short-mp (non 2s) with AMSDM7 512+fs at DSD512 with my CPU only.
It keeps the CPU on some 40% and the temperature in my case varies from 75-85 Celsius. I use CAM for checking the CPU temp, and the max temp was 98 Celsius, but I guess only for a very short period of time and this was noticed after 3 hours of music listening. 
A GPU for CUDA offload would probably help here, but so far I am good with what I have. 
PS I haven't tried xtr filters, not sure I even need to given the facts above i.e. I am at the very edge of it already. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8