IGNORED

Article: Roon 1.3 Major Update Coming Today

Unfortunately It had to re-scan my music folder and every album is now tagged as New. The problem with this is, I was only adding MQA stuff so I new what albums were MQA vs. everything else I've had in Roon. That was going to be an easy way for me to find MQA albums. I was just using Tidal through Jriver at the time but I was waiting for today's update to test it all out.

Early results without testing or changing anything yet, my Bel Canto 3.7 DAC (non-MQA DAC) shows input as 48, so it is getting Tidal's MQA version, BTW it's Iron Maiden Killer's, first album I could find that I knew was MQA encoded.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

All the MQA albums I add, I tag as MQA.

I was hoping they would do it. Not a hard fix, I'll just use the Tidal account to find them and tag them like you did.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

A great new feature when looking under album and then tracks, is that shows how many versions you have in your library of that song and what's available on Tidal. Before it seemed to only work occasionally. I suck at showing screen shots, maybe someone can chime in.

Where is this EQ in Roon 1.3? I've looked everywhere but nothing...

Under Settings, Audio, if it's your DAC (what ever your output is) choose the gear wheel symbol. That'll take you to further settings, like DSP engine.

Curious to know what steps others have taken to accomplish this, or whether this is the only current solution.

Here is the process I've worked with...

1) In TIDAL > What's New > Albums > Masters:

"Favorite" the MQA album I am interested in, so that in Roon I'll know which version of the album is from the "Masters" category.

2) In Roon > TIDAL > Your Favorites:

Select that album and choose "Add To Library", then choose "Add to Tag", and then tag as "MQA".

3) In Roon > Tags > MQA:

The albums from TIDAL "Masters" category are now all collected together.

BUT ... if you later "Un-Favorite" the "Masters" MQA album in TIDAL, it will disappear from the Roon Library and Tags "MQA".

Yep. that's about it. When I favorite it from Tidal I don't have to add to library in Roon, they already do it. Everything else you stated is how I do it. For now, there all together somewhere. I actually like that Tag icon on the side. I'd rather go there than to the small bookmark icon to find playlists I've created. There seems to be other Tags created from Tidal in that Tag function. I want to erase those and create dedicated Roon playlists if possible.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BilboAlaska said:

I can't find the list of hardware that works with Roon. Thanks?

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_What_are_the_minimum_requirements%3F

On 4/3/2017 at 5:03 PM, BilboAlaska said:

Thanks ShawnC. This forum is always such a big help. As a beginner to digital I asked the wrong question. 

I am shopping for a digital music systems with the least computer involvement. 

So Media Servers. I just bought a Bluesound Vault but have never had a music software system on my iMac or iPad except Tidal. That is all I have besides the Dragonfly Red and a Cobblestone Muzo. The rest is old school.

Before I go for software such as Roon or other, I wonder what gear it is compatible with other than the computer.

I don’t really understand how to use any of these, which of them include NAS and/or DAC which I don’t have.

Would I be using Roon with these:

Bluesound Vault 2 which I already bought.

If your looking to use Roon specifically, you'll need some sort of computer/NAS to run Roon on, they call it the Core. So an Intel Nuc, an old computer can work (that meets Roon's specs.), or your iMac would work.  If you already have your music on it then your set.  I'm not sure if this will work, you can search Roon's site, you could run Roon on your Mac and use your Bluesound vault as the NAS that Roon is looking at, for it's music content.  It's nice to have Ethernet wired everywhere so you can just add Sonore's microRendu's in every room you want music in and a DAC and your done.  The microRendu acts as zone in Roon, just and an ethernet to one end and a DAC to the other. Easier said then done. Microrendu's aren't cheap either.  So many options.

I know your looking for the least computer involvement but if you want Roon you'll need some sort of computer. Almost all other media servers have there own software that wouldn't run with Roon.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, bunno77 said:

With the new update and peq addition is it possible to load convolution  filters from other software like acourate, red, Dirac etc. 

Thank you

Yes, there's a very good post on how to use REW on the Room website.