IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

54 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

You being happy with your purchase is the most important thing regardless of whether it's our product or not. Thanks for buying our items! But neither we don't see how MQA pushed us to 'the dark side' (nice phrase btw.), nor we think attitude has anything to do with it.

I am not happy that your MQA firmware “upgrade” removes the capability to do DSD512 — that was IMHO a brain dead decision. 

Not happy customer.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 hour ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

Mastered For iTunes is such a charade. A farce in fact.

If they really gave a damn they would stream lossless ALAC. It would not even make a dent in their bottom line.

No one can tell the difference, so who cares?

1 minute ago, MikeyFresh said:

I wouldn't say no one, but I also don't wish to have an argument about that.

The mass market certainly doesn't seem to notice a difference between 256AAC and ALAC, and that's all Apple cares about.

Ha ha I was being tongue in cheek. Apple can and does use the same justification for AAC vs ALAC as others might for CD vs high res ;) Slippery slope in my opinion. . 

22 hours ago, esldude said:

You have to spin the spin now.  MQA is so good even though lossy with additional unfolding it becomes Pure lossy.  i.e. it has lost everything.  So upon reconstruction the sound can be improved with a carefully shaped noise to enhance the deblurring beyond what random noise would have done.  MQA's loss is therefore the listener's gain. 

Actually it’s so lossy it will lose your crappy music in crappy MP3 and replace with good music (using a code and an alternate channel) — steaganographic reconstruction - 5G phones enable this without detection 😉

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It’s clear that most of the old guard just doesn’t understand online communities or the members of these communities. I have no interest in educating them just as I assume they have no interest in learning. 

They may not be able to learn and thus destined to fade into an evolutionary dead end. If they are able to learn they will learn by participating. The harder they feebly try to change the MQA story here, the stronger the counter reaction. The more feeble ideas are posted, the more counter arguments respond and the consensus for a neutral third party reading this thread is that there is strong intelligent (or simply passionate) reaction against MQA. Organizations like Apple seem to understand the mob better than others eg Sony. The only way to really push the envelope is to really push it with clearcut unambiguous value, not empty promises.