IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

thought it relevant because your comments seemed to suggest that bringing up Meridian was a new thing, when in fact it wasn't.

Im sure Meridian has come up dozens of times in this MQA topic. My comments were about ridiculing a tweet on the basis of Meridian's profit performance and an unrelated comment to installers.

7 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

I could go on. 

You do... As I said , there may be dozens of reasons Meridian don't make money, most of which are irrelevant to the conversation (such as it is). As a small aside, the assumption is made that all businesses are there to make money, that's not always the case.

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

Not a massive leap an argument Bob Stuart isn't the right person to listen to in this millennium about digital formats. 

Not the subject of the conversation.

4 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

You keep saying Meridian has produced excellent hifi, but why has turnover declined in United States 50% since 2001

Dozens of reasons possible, being overpriced, poor marketing, where to start? Certainly not by assuming the product is crap, it's excellent.

4 hours ago, Ishmael Slapowitz said:

The joke around NY Metro dealers concerning Meridian is that they were the world's most expensive paperweights. They literally could not give it away.

OK, look up the word literally.

Nearly the most ridiculous comment made but I presume it's just bait...

Bring back CA.

2 hours ago, crenca said:

Barrowboy, why don't you detail for us your relationship with Meridian?

Longstanding customer? My comments are more about the English language though and people attacking a company for the wrong reasons (plenty of right ones). But the bile on display here... Bring back CA...

2 hours ago, Thuaveta said:

f it were that excellent, don't you think it'd hold its value on the used market, and those speakers that are so expensive wouldn't go for £500 ?

Well as it happens they are excellent, really. It's really rather simplistic to assume that because something is good, it will hold value. Life's just not that simple. People don't know about these speakers, the masses wouldn't know what a digital active is. Life's a bit more subtle...

3 hours ago, Thuaveta said:

Your argument was essentially Meridian = HiFi, therefore MQA = HiFi. I gave you an example that shows that argument is (as are lots of things as far as MQA are concerned), bullshit. I understand that you don't like that.

Don't think I'm arguing actually. MQA bullshit or not didn't come into it. Just a few observations about using the English language and reminding people that when you've got over the hatefest, Meridian make some pretty good gear. Last's as well, how many have got fully working active systems 29 years on? You would be surprised how good these sound, just saying. I know this topic is about hating MQA and anything that happens to be standing near it at the time but CA site is mostly about music reproduction, not bile (or used to be).

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You’re trying to turn this into a site-wide MQA hate-fest.

What a ridiculous thing to say!

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You don’t control the facts

Facts aren't controlled, they exist?

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you believe MQA is something other than what has been revealed here please let us know

You're confusing me with someone discussing MQA. We all know better than that, you get drowned in bile.

15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

it’s Meridians’s game to lose

I'm not sure they've lost already, still making good equipment, I think the installers like them, it's not PR they're after there.

47 minutes ago, firedog said:

You are now one of the select few on my ignore list

What is it with the ignore list? Should I be offended in some way?

It really wasn't ironic, because Meridian can't make money doesn't mean an installer using their product can't. I don't get how that follows. Maybe I'm being literal. The fact that the school yard gang agree with Chris (owner), we'll I must be wrong then...