IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/3063-pink-hq-minorityclean/#entry57781

Okay got to stop listening and say something.  257 floored me.  The biggest jump of any version I have heard over another, but 258 is even better.  This is easily the most organically musically complete sound I have ever had out of a system.  The sound is so completely enveloping that even stuff I don't listen to forces me to listen and I find songs I never knew I enjoyed.  Now that is a system.  This is almost the most signifcant thing I have recently played with.  Not quite up to switching from a jplay femto to a jplay XE Usb card, but its giving me the same kind of jump. 256 sounds like crap now by comparison 257 hit it out the ball park and this took it out of the zip code.   Everything is improved, but everything is more intergrated and complete.  It almost makes individual aspects irrelevant because everything is so incredibly put together in ways I think I have only heard a couple of systems every do at any price.  And my system is doing that in ways I have never previously heard.  However you can still pick out the details if you can wrench yourself away from the entirety of the performance.  The one thing I have never heard before even with 257 is tonal and harmonic intermodulation effects between instruments. Its crazy.   Robert Plant's " Carry Fire"  is full of this stuff between instruments and even the way those work with voices to creates these incredible effects that are very subtle but now starting to become obviious.  Hell what will 259 and beyond bring to the table.  I tweak things like a madman and have not gotten out of them what these last couple of iterations are.  I have 7 layers of isolation under my computer.  Air bladder, compsite shelf, mapleshade block, and mad sci footer sittind under a porcelain ceramic plate my computer sits on. Crazy but it all makes a difference.  My Dac amp isolation goes even further  11 layers including double up Mad Sci feet with a carbon fiber nomex shelf between, added to the same conglomeration. I have my digital tweaked like mad with RF reducing devices and I use Shun mook discs in a few key places.  The Oppo Sonica I had completely rebuilt and setup with an internal high current class A output is killing me. It's so good and the Wywires cable mix I have is the best I have ever used.   I have even tweaked that s with few device and adjusting position of those cable using my tensioning system.  Basically strategically located opposing long rubber bands.  Yup I listened to how positioning the cables affected the sound. 

The ZMF Verite Closed is crazy how it will throw a stage.  On this setup stage is as big as anything I have heard out of some very good loudspeakers.  On absolute it might be 80 to 90 percent on a sheer scale to scale comparison.  But the illusion of heigth, depth and width is actually better and more layered and the VC is more focused.  I had a sense of this with 256.  257 and particularly 258 absolutely confirm it.

I am gobsmacked.  Been listening for almost 3 hours and I am still amazed.  Damn when I get my OTL triode in here and with a few more iterations.  This is beyond magic.  OMG people really need to jump on this train, they just don't get what they are missing.  Nothing in my system. good as it is, makes up for what Majiority Clean does.

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode.   Pardon the misspellings you may find, will edit as I get a chance.

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/4410-windows-11-pe-audiophile-creation-guide/#entry57778

I should end with a thank you to samotc for his help getting me here, he has been fantastic. As I understand it, samotc has tried many other Ramdisk installs with non-WinPE Windows OS's, and this is my first foray into Ramdisk. The SQ boost is just amazing in WinPE. It is, hands down, the biggest audio OS-based boost in SQ I have ever experienced with any solution, and I have tried quite a few beyond RAMdisk. The clarity is really, really something, just insane amounts of detail retrieval and noise floor reduction. Without him this would not have been possible. Highly recommended for those willing to put in the work!

Did we just hit another milestone or something?

• 5 weeks later...