IGNORED

windows 7 64 bit advice

Hi folks , i have purchased a gigabyte brix 2807 fanless pc and 8 gig of ram and a kingston uv400 ssd , im going to use windows 7

64bit , can anyone offer any advice on how to set up the bios for best sound quality , i have a monitor and dvd drive to put windows 64 bit on the pc but then im going to use a nexus 7 tablet with vng to control. cheers phil.

Hi folks , i have purchased a gigabyte brix 2807 fanless pc and 8 gig of ram and a kingston uv400 ssd , im going to use windows 7

64bit , can anyone offer any advice on how to set up the bios for best sound quality , i have a monitor and dvd drive to put windows 64 bit on the pc but then im going to use a nexus 7 tablet with vng to control. cheers phil.

1) Disable all power saving features and unnecessary hardware in bios

2) Run the CPU and memory at the most stable speeds.... you want this glitchless and as electrically quiet as possible for the MOBO

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

For starters it's almost 2017. Install Windows using a USB 3.0 flash drive in 20 minutes. Not in 2+ hours off a DVD. You should also install the latest BIOS and any really important drivers from another flash drive. While you are in the new BIOS version, and before loading Windows, is the time to make adjustments. Of special concern are those dealing with USB power and functionality if you are using any external drives, DAC, or charging any devices. You may also encounter settings dealing with preferred action if the power goes out or spikes.

BIOS and options are far from universal across motherboards. Specific questions regarding specific options on your specific motherboard are going to draw more accurate answers.

My advice, upgrade to Windows 10. Then go to this thread for optimization script and other tweaks.

Well worth the dollars.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys