IGNORED

dCS Network Bridge

r_w

@kblundy I will use the dCS network bridge as standalone piece, meaning with no other dCS piece associated to it.

I bought myself Kii Three active speakers (which are absolutely stunning by the way) and they embed their own internal DAC as well. So I go straight from the dCS network bridge to my active Kii Three Speakers in AES.

As such, would the Rossini master clock be the best fit for purpose device? Or I can use any master clock that provides 44.1K and 48K?

I'm nobody either to judge these devices, I just heard the NDS/555PS DR and compared it with other streamers but not Aurender. Anyways, seems you're really interested in direct comparison with Aurender, maybe you'll have to wait a bit until someone does this A/B comparison.

I took a leap of faith on the NB, we'll see.

Update: for two days, I compared my new dCS network bridge with a combo Naim NAC272 powered by XPS DR and felt that Tidal streamed music was slightly better, more detailed with the Naim. 2 audiophile friends agree with me on this.

I'd give the dCS network bridge 90% of the Naim combo performance.

Disclaimer: the dCS was brand new so I'd assume the comparison was maybe too early and I'd need to wait for sufficient burn-in time?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/11/2017 at 1:51 PM, Confused said:

there are some users that have reported good results when feeding the Network Bridge with a Mutec REF10/MC3+ generated word clock signal. 

who made this test here? is it on this thread or another one?

for me the MC3+USB doesn't change anything alone as external reclocker vs internal clock from dCS. Wondering about the addition of the Ref10 though...

thanks!