IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

13 hours ago, thyname said:

Quick update on replacing the internal power supply of SU-1 with LPS via the KTE DC conversion kit.

It was easy, but (and a big "but"), I hit a major hiccup. The sU-1 would not power. Did a snapchat video with @Energy as I completely panicked. Thank God he figured it out! Apparantly, whoever soldered the little wires on the kit over at Kitsune, swapped the black with red wires, so once Timothy figured it out that might be the issue (after checking everything else), swapping the plug to the board the opposite / wrong way, everything was powered. It all works great now. Gotta sleep now (East Coast here), so can't really audition anything well until tomorrow.

Thank you @tboooe @elan120 @Altabay @bluesaint @pkane2001and @ted_b

but a huge, special thanks to @Energy for an amazing gesture to help via Snapchat video! Can't thank you enough.

I found that there was a very small amount of these that ended up going out. Every single one has been tested in inventory at this point it will not happen again. As I had a customer note they were reversed and found that the source i've purchased the DC plugs from have reversed the pin style albeit they look identically the same. Here forth i'm going to check each and every one of the units for polarity to be correct. Those who have this problem i'm refunding them their order and will ship a new kit that is correct. There really only should of been a few that went out from this particular batch. I've source dc plugs from three sources and one batch are simply backwards. Please contact me directly and we can get this sorted. 

We apologize for this and will make it right.

Tim Connor

KitsuneHifi.com / HoloAudio USA

22 hours ago, thyname said:

Got it. Thanks @tboooe !!

Can I do this today, or should I wait until I receive the microSD for the 2.5 uRendu software update?

Thank you for helping others with the firmware update process. Both the singxer driver and the holoaudio driver have DFU executables that will both effectively load the firmware to the SU1 with success. The holoaudio drivers would be found under programfiles/holoaudio/

But either way works

all instructions are included with the firmware files to which firmware is right for you.

Tim Connor

• 4 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 7:24 AM, Forehaven said:

I accidentally broke my iDefender in the IsoR/iDef setup.  As of now, the Su1 wont pass any signal at all: usb/coax/i2s.  Yet using straight IsoR to USB to USB input on Holo works just fine?  Is it possibleI shorted it?  The power turns on btw.

Have you tried a standard USB cable hooked up to your pc to test the most basic of connection? 

Does this function?

otherwise you may have to send in for a repair. Sounds like maybe some rough handling of USB devices might of happened. One of our users on th forum had broken the USB socket of his Su1. I kindly repaired/upgraded it with an industrial grade USB connector. You know? Those orange usb connectors found on the intona industrial? 

I wish manufacturers used these connectors more often since they are more durable. Anyhow, I've upgraded many of my devices with the orange USB connectors. They do not cost too much and labor costs are not too bad to do the mods.

ive even considered offering them as an upgrade option on the KTE Su1 ddr's. 

btw we have 3 of the KTE Su1 ddr's in stock in our website now!!! Let's see how long those last!! Haha.  I'll have a dozen in stock by the end of next weekend. 

I think after reading this post I will consider offering the orange USB connector upgrade mods.

but please let me know if you have tested your Su1 with a standard USB cable

Tim Connor

2 hours ago, roberto2 said:

One month ago I have killed my Singxer. A friend of mine had a problem with his W4S Recovery and we tried it in my system! Fatal error!! His Recovery, after measuring, sent 9V to the Singxer instead of 5V and that killed the internal board.

I have been obliged to purchase a new board from Magna Hifi in the Netherlands and it is not cheap at all...!

All the lights were on inside the board but even my iMac did not recognise the XMOS chip. 

So I don't understand what you have done to your Singxer but you should verify that your ISO Regen is feeding well 5V. 

The Singxer USB input can accept between 4,5V and 5,1V, not more...

I have several Su1 main motherboards for sale if anyone needs them. Unfortunately for those using the D.C. Conversion kit, there are high risks if the voltage input is not absolutely steady at not a hint over 5.1V. The boards are super sensitive, and by converting your Su1 to D.C. Power will carry a risk and void your warranty.

i have 3-4 spare boards for sale and can ship feee to USA. The boards are 220usd. And can modify them for those who want this service. Things like industrial (orange) USB connector, upgrades oscon caps, or 3.3v regulator upgrade etc. Among a few other updates. If you choose the industrial USB connectors it requires slight modification of the chassis to fit the connector. It's a touch bigger. And a file can be used to widen the opening. The orange connectors have slight better performance than other connectors.

for those using us pcb , or other hard USB devices that add weight to the USB connector... please be aware this can damage a USB port fairly easily. Especially with accidental bump. It's strongly recommended to use a standard USB cable to reduce tension on the ports. I can count a couple people reporting damage to USB ports from this exact issue. I've replaced some USB type B connectors and type A connectors due to ridgid connectors or devices that stick out from the port. Thoughts ?

just be aware of this is all. 

Tim Connor

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, RickyV said:

Hi alexey,

would it be possible to parallel 3 of your 1A lt3045 boards to make a 3A version?

Probably with Some creative soldering and replacing some components. Would be great if that was possible

Like this? :) Dual rail with triple paralleled lt3045’s? Unfortunately these are not cheap and we may not release them since Chinese prebuilt single rail single lt3045’s are incredibly cheap.

CC67DD9B-CBEF-40FF-993D-E3DD437169D1.jpeg

ED6820E0-1799-4AE5-A617-3992F2C1FCA3.jpeg

Tim Connor

18 minutes ago, RickyV said:

That would be 2x1.5 A not 3A 

3A would be the minimum i need.

You can use both rails together btw. 

There are jumpers to allow to run both rails in parallel.  However you require 3A continuous minimum???? This would get quite warm and can use slight larger heat sink. Never tested anything needing 3A.  But have some diy boards and components to build these if interested. 

Tim Connor

1 minute ago, RickyV said:

I don’t know but these look familiar, mmmmm

Yes, we considered selling these but are only testing them at this time. The price is a bit steep imho and very few people need this type of psu.  Maybe you do, what would you be powering that needs 3A and at what voltage?

Tim Connor

3 minutes ago, RickyV said:

That is the problem not sure what i need, not measured it yet. But if idea works there would be a few more sales

Would the size of power supply be an issue? These are not very compact imho. I have many sizes of heatsinks. 

i did not design these boards, actually I haven’t touched them for many months and believe maybe they only allow series connection, but if I recall there are single boards for what you need. 

Tim Connor

12 hours ago, elan120 said:

Hello @Energy,

I spend some time the last few days to play with KiCAD, which is one of the PCB layout softwares needed by OSHPARK, but the learning curve is a bit more than I had anticipated.  I am able to get the soldering pads done on both top and bottom side of the carrier board, but to lay down tracks linking top side soldering pads to each corners became an obstacle I have yet to overcome.  I didn't want to hold you up too long, so I thought I will give you this much update.  I will play with this some more, but not sure if I will get past this issue soon.

The carrier board I use was done using CAD program, convert to .DXF file, and then convert to g-code to have them cut on CNC machine, and that was much simpler than learning KiCAD.

Below are both top and bottom 3D view of the board I got so far to show what I was referring to.

5a73c45629e2e_NDKoscillatorcarrierboard-top.thumb.jpg.06bdabae52b0f7a92eece55a3624d691.jpg5a73c464d4f88_NDKoscillatorcarrierboard-bottom.thumb.jpg.91f65dc282a8773129b1b3db8cf8c914.jpg

This looks like a nice carrier board. Would be great to have ndk’s as an option for Su1 mods. I’ve yet to try some of the sorted ndk’s I’ve had laying around since the carrier boards I have are not imho ideal. These look good!

22 minutes ago, mourip said:

Are these re-branded boards made by Alexey or are you both sourcing them from the same vendor? Not trying to pin anyone down. Just curious. Either way they are very nice.

I’m not sure who Alexy is, but this was a product I was considering carrying in our store but still haven’t had time to test it out. There are several diy boards we wanted to offer to our store for general purpose projects. I’ve been consumed with many projects and will eventually get some neat new products in our store for the diy crowd.

Tim Connor