IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Not trying necessarily to cheap out, but I own four rendus of three different types and am looking at a bit of an upgrade expense for multiple cards.  I understand that the sd cards may be customized for the specific model, but, if not, is it possible to buy one card, copy it at home to new sd cards, and run the same version of the OS on all devices?  (I don’t know if the model identification information on the home screen comes from the OS or ROM, so I understand that copying might not work without root access and Linux skills, but, if the identification information displays accurately on each device, copying the card could get the new OS into more units quickly, promoting uniformity in both the specific user’s experience across different products and in Sonore’s support of the rendus.)

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

19 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We plan to offer a promotion to Signature Rendu owners. I can't condone what you are proposing and we also can't provide you support if we think you are doing what you propose.

Cool.  Thanks for the information.

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

• 1 month later...

Matias, I periodically have disconnects like this, with music appearing to be playing but with no sound. (I don't know which app you use for your music, but I have this issue with LMS and UPnP.)  I find that it helps for me to close all controller apps on the phone or tablet and then go into the software settings in Sonic Orbiter. There, I hit "save."  When the settings indicate that the app has saved, I restart the controller app.  Then, if the Rendu is available as a player in the control software on the phone or tablet, I re-select it and try to play.  Usually, that is enough to get things going. 

Worst case, I remove power from both Rendu and DAC.  Then, I almost always can get things back to normal, until they aren't. :)

12 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

These big updates are always fun. Form here on it's just regular stuff.   

Will the SE owners see their upgrades soon or should we just order through Small Green Computer?

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

I'll talk to Adrian to start that process this week. 

Thank you, Jesus.

11 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Update notice

The following Rendu Apps have been updated in the last 6 hours

Songcast

MPD / DLNA Renderer

HQ Player NAA

Spotify Connect

Only on 2.8 or on all versions?

14 hours ago, stray_cat said:

It *was* Kazoo recommended ages ago. Apps might be better now. Thanks also to Jesus if this is all I need, his link recommended bubbleupnp as preferred. Will buy if it works.

audioshark.jpg

It's been years since I used Kazoo, but I think you might need to take an extra step.  If I remember how Kazoo worked, it required your dlna renderer app to have an Open Home alias before it could see the renderer.  To create that Open Home alias, I used the free app Bubble UPnP Server on my NAS.  Then, after opening that Server app, it only took two clicks to create the Open Home version of the renderer.  

• 4 weeks later...

That's so weird. I've never had trouble finding my rendus with Norton VPN enabled.  Then again, I haven't had significant network issues with the rendus since assigning them reserved IP addresses. I highly recommend doing that.