IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 4/19/2017 at 9:27 PM, vortecjr said:

Special Note:

The Sonicorbiter 2.3 operating system utilized on the microRendu is approaching the end of it's development cycle. This means that we will continue to maintain the operating system for general functionality only. However, we will no longer provide application updates and new features going forward. There is not need to update to the next version right away, but we recommend that you consider it at some point in the near future.  

In order to better serve you we have been developing the Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system which has the following new features and enhancements:
1. The base operating system and Kernel has been updated. 
2. All the pre-configured applications have been updated to the latest release versions and or stable versions.
3. DSD playback now supports Native DSD with POP free PCM/DSD transitions.
4. New devices have been added that support Native DSD playback.
5. Spotify Connect has been added as a new output mode. This new output mode can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application. The application can be installed and uninstalled from Software Manager. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify.
6. A SongCast receiver has been added to the existing MPD/DLNA output mode. This new output mode accept streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application can be installed and uninstalled from the Software manager. The application is in Beta form.
7. This version also contains other bug fixes and enhancements.

Sonicorbiter 2.5 will be available soon pre-loaded on a microSD card. The microSD cards will be made available to existing customers for purchase for 20 USD. Emails with purchasing instructions will go out to customer in the coming weeks with a link to purchase the upgrade. The microRendu will be shipping with Sonicorbiter 2.5 operating system. If you purchased a microRendu in the last 30 days we will provide a microSD card in the mail with Sonicorbiter 2.5 for free.

Nice JR! So it was SongCast that you were working on (for PC audio streaming - Beta mode). This means a latency of 50ms ? Or was it able to be reduced by having an app on the microRendu?

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

There is latency, but i'm not sure of the exact time. You can adjust the latency from your computer, but it can cause issues like static. Now that it's working and relatively stable we can continue work on it.

Sounds like a plan.

Btw I've tried Linn SongCast and the 50ms latency (the lowest setting available) still makes watching videos (like YouTube, Netflix etc) unpleasant with the lag between sound and picture. So there is definitely room for improvement but good to know you will be slowly chipping away at it.

Congrats and thanks :-)

On 3/21/2020 at 6:26 PM, Kevin Nguyen said:

With the global Covid-19 pandemic, borders has been shutdown and airline grounded their fleet, should you consider a new software distribution method Such as downloading?

i am keen to get v2.8 but I know might not get them for a while from Australia

Hi

Have you received your SD card yet? How long did it take from date shipped to date delivered?

I'm in Australia too.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Nguyen said:

Reached Sydney since 14/04, i will wait a few days more

Ok that's good then. I thought it was still in the US.

Postage within Australia has been not too bad. Give it another week.

The part that takes longest (at the moment with COVID-19 impact) is US to AUS and that took 3 weeks for you.

But if it's showing in Sydney now (good news) I would say you have it this week or next week for sure.

30 minutes ago, satbaba said:

January 30, 2020
3:09 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility,
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

Andrew then sent it again  I've been waiting

Processed Through Regional Facility. Your item was processed through our JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on March 31, 2020 at 10:13 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination., JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Oh shit.

To Australia also?

KN above had his arrive in Sydney though.

The journey from US to destination country is the part that is affected most it seems.

3 hours ago, Kevin Nguyen said:

Finally got my microSD today, took exactly one month to reach to the pointy end 

Great news. As predicted, once it’s in Sydney it’s not too bad.

It’s the Jamaica (NY) to Sydney that takes the most time, as I expected.

42 minutes ago, esmit said:

But leads to duplicate serial numbers so can be traced to the original purchaser.

The OS (not the SD card itself) has a serial number?

If so, then the same will apply for the download option... so again, no difference in that particular risk to Sonore...

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

Well, hasn’t got to me in Vic yet.

Does USPS tracking provide the Sydney arrival info? That USPS tracking # still hasn’t moved on from the ‘processed at Jamaica NY’, April 10.

Yes, international arrivals generally  land in Sydney first and you’ll see that in the tracking, like a bloke shared above. It’ll show Sydney before it reaches you.